Smoking

Second hand smoke is worse than first hand, also weed or pot because weed puts the brain in a trance thing, therefore the effect of the weed isn't as bad. I honestly do not care if people smoke, it's their life, if they want to die earlier, they've been warned fair enough. Also you don't have to breathe in people's smoke if you are outdoors. Indoors you breathe it in but in America smoking is banned indoors except for some select places.

Ya, I've changed my viewpoint a little, instead of completely banning it, maybe make it so it doesn't affect other people. But, I just don't get why people would start in the first place...it nasty and unhealthy, there are no positive side affects. Some people say it "calms" you down but really the only reason you were anxious was because you are suffering from withdraw from the nicotine, if you hadn't started smoking in the first place you wouldn't have that addiction.

I don't see a problem banning public smoking, but if there are places where people smoke the place should have a sign so that way people who don't want to be around it don't have to be. In Arizona they were trying to pass a stupid law that said you can't smoke in public, even in a bar. Banning smoking in bars is stupid and makes no sense to me.
I hate going to restaurants where people smoke because then you smell like smoke when you walk out and you have to breathe all that smoke while you're eating. The problem with all these smoking laws is that people will smoke if they want to. You can tell people all the risks of smoking, but some people will do it. I say let them do it, it's their life not mine.

Ya, I've changed my viewpoint a little, instead of completely banning it, maybe make it so it doesn't affect other people. But, I just don't get why people would start in the first place...it nasty and unhealthy, there are no positive side affects. Some people say it "calms" you down but really the only reason you were anxious was because you are suffering from withdraw from the nicotine, if you hadn't started smoking in the first place you wouldn't have that addiction.

well less and less people are smoking by year and people all started in the first place because they didnt know the bad effects and it was supposesedly "cool"

In Arizona they were trying to pass a stupid law that said you can't smoke in public, even in a bar. Banning smoking in bars is stupid and makes no sense to me.

why is it stupid? I think it's a great thing. You can go to any bar you want to and you don't have to breath in all the smoke, your clothes don't smell the next morning and overall the air feels a lot better inside.
Only ones that hate it are the smokers.

They've banned smoking in bars anyways...

You know what? I'm glad though.

For the first time, I went clubbing 2 weeks ago, and I didn't smell bad when I got back.

It's banned in england in pubs and public enclosed spaces. You can smoke outside long as it has got no more than 3 sides(inc roof)

Some other things are the fact that smokers are more prone to getting sick, so I think if they ever get something like lung cancer the insurance companies should not have to pay, it was that persons choice to give themselves lung cancer, but instead our premiums go up so that the insurance companies need to afford all those medical bills. Also, when you see someone driving and they throw their cigarette butt out the window that littering and many times they don't even bother to put it out and it could easily start a fire especially on a road way where gas or oil could be spilled...

edit: And another thing I was thinking of. why do the tobacco companies even put those harmful things in cigarettes like tar, and whatever else is in their? The only thing that is addicting them is the nicotine, and the physical addiction of actually smoking the cigarette. If they removed those ingredients it wouldn't be as bad as smoking a tar stick, and the smoker could still get their fill of nicotine...tobacco companies are the only business I can think of that actually tries to kill off their customers, normal business logic says keep them around as long as possible so they will spend the most money on your product, apparently that not what tobacco companies think.

honesty
i think smoking and small amounts (i mean very small amounts) of weed should become legal
but very strict like weed must be smoked inside out of public view
in your home no wair else
and smoke should be restricted to only out side and your own house
not in any public places
if small amounts of weed were legal
and could be sold at retailers like ciggs
there would be a lot less crime
no drug dealers no smuggling weed into the country
i think it actuly would be a lot better

I don't necessarily agree with that, just let it go on as it is, because if you do give the weed users more leeway with it it will end going even farther. But I don't want to get off topic this thread is about banning/doing something about the usage of cigarettes.

Back
Top Bottom