Sigs

Dev0115 said:
Yeah...i tell people this all the time in some threadfs....Why cant we have sigs with pics..? Such as a photo shop sig...Just wondering im preety new here..Thanks
CF just doesn't do this, I'm co-administrator at a site that allows smilies so I imported an animated one, quite small but quite neat, but it' the only site I know of

The Power said:
Maurice, why do you ALWAYS type in bold?? Is it really THAT necessary?? If you bold the entire paragraph, then that makes the bolding pretty useless doesnt it?

and if it is soo important, why don't you just put that in your sig to let everyone know?*
I don't always type in bold, don't see what all the fuss is, I know that it is termed "shouting", but I use it usually when I'm trying to get a point across, & will continue to do so, it isn't meant to be antagonistic, there's too much of that on forums already :(

*Sigs are not meant to contain temporary messages, these usually get forgotten, & then don't make sense.

Pretty sure I deleted mine. Why is it so important to keep it under 5 lines? Does another line of text make a difference? :confused:

HRHunteRHR said:
Pretty sure I deleted mine. Why is it so important to keep it under 5 lines? Does another line of text make a difference? :confused:
Yes, you've adjusted yours, thanks, you'll see when you come back to view my reply, won't you? as to why, it's a rule, plain & simple, you follow the others don't you, quite a lot of members are getting back to me to show their adjusted sigs..............hardly rocket science is it?

Of course you can put your "x fire thing" there, just keep it under five lines, surely that's possible, will look forward to seeing it

Members are asking how long their sigs are; click "user cp" at the top of this page, then "edit signature"

setishock said:
You also have to check where the line starts in some sigs.
Some are deliberate. Those are the ones that need to be addressed.
I would suggest giving the member a time limit to handle it themselves. Just make a note of the member in note pad and minimise it. Keep checking back on the list.
When the time exspires then do what has to be done. I've edited a few in the past and have also got members to take care of it themselves. I guess as you have noticed, beating them over the head don't always work.
Sending you a PM regarding this.

Maurice, why dont you make a thread in every section of the site, and sticky it saying if anybody is seen with a sig more than five lines then they will be banned for a few days?

I say he should put it in his own sig saying

PLEASE MAKE SIGS NO LONER THAN 5 LINES. That way it is permanent. I have no problem of you enforcing this it is just that you enforce it too much.

The Power said:
I say he should put it in his own sig saying

PLEASE MAKE SIGS NO LONER THAN 5 LINES. That way it is permanent. I have no problem of you enforcing this it is just that you enforce it too much.
I've explained that it is a waste of time putting it in a sig, who reads sigs?, they read the message not the sig, anyway, I enforce it too much?, David is backig this, why don't you ask him why I'm doing it?

Back
Top Bottom