Show off your cpu-z stats

Reminds me of my 3500+. Mine was a Venice though, and 90 nm. I coudn't get it past 2.7 Ghz either. Crappy RAM didn't help either, even with ridiculous dividers.

I don't think CPU-Z is working right w/ my system... It's showing a core speed of 1.8GHz, that's kinda wrong considering stock speed is 2.4GHz, and I OC'd it to 2.7GHz (I dunno how to raise the voltage yet...)

Well...now it just popped up again and it shows the correct specs, but a lot of the stuff is blanked out...

Anyway, I got an E6600 OC'd to 2.7GHz, FSB at 1200MHz, RAM at 900MHz.

Wow, with the 680i you could do so much more... maybe even as high as I got it. IM me if you do not know how to.

I know I could get more, but I was just kinda testing it for now. I'll probably reset it to stock and start over. I just discovered how to OC in the first place...was playing around with my old P4 system and got it to 3.2GHz stable (stock 2.8) so I decided to try this system. I raised the FSB about 15MHz every time. Did you raise the voltage any to get where you did? I searched around the BIOS and couldn't figure out how to do that.

Of course I had to raise the voltages lol. They are in "Advanced Chipset Features"->"system voltages". They will look like:

core-2-duo-overclocking-on-the-680i-20061126103658573.jpg

Yeah, well, I had to ask since it seems people can get amazing speeds at the stock voltage.

I got to 3.3 on stock actually. It was pretty cool. Be sure to keep those temps down. Tuniqs rock for me, but I guess the Zalman is OK too.

Nice overclocks guys. Why not get in the overclock database in my sig? All you have to do is run orthos for a little bit and post up a screenshot. Kind of useless just displaying CPU-Z because theres no way of telling if its stable. I could put a pic of 3.8Ghz easy but its not stable.

Anyways here's my screenshot same as the overclock database one with full load on orthos + Full load temps and CPU-Z. Validate links are in my database thread.

Also to Thelis the pic of your bios you posted up with your voltages isn't what you have at 3.6ghz. Just look at your CPU-Z Screenshot. That shows the voltage at 1.488V and thats after Vdrop.

3hoursorthosstablegj7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom