Should Natalya leave Canon?

i got offered 2 jobs at fairfax digital and qantas.

my current job is horrible. im the network admin in this building, and for stuff that doesnt even concern me, i get in trouble.

they have threatened to hold legal action against me on numerous occasions! the worst was when our building had a power surge and all our servers went down. They blamed me for this! when i had warned them time and time again that we need power surge protectors. After that incident, they mysteriously found all the letters i had written advising them to get them.

yesterday, a gentlemen deleted all his files which had not been backed up yet. apparently these were important files for a meeting. He saved them in his home directory where he has full control and thats where he deleted them from. i got yelled on and shouted at by managers etc etc and i had to stay back at work till 7:30pm, keeping in mind i started at 6am...

today, i decided not to go to work.. i hope the whole system crashes and burns.. grrrrr

the only good thing is the rates i get these cameras for!...

nat

id leave that job if i was you, doesnt sound like your getting the respect you should deserve there, so id take up one of the other jobs, are they both in IT?

fujifilm better than canon? haha please.... canon rules! (the cameras do anyways) nothing else about them does! =S

meh i know lots of hot girls but as soon as they piss me off they suddenly are ugly....same with canon if they were like that i wouldnt like their cameras anymore. plus fujifilm owns

I think you should do whatever suits you best...

you have a choice, either be more accertive,
E.g, if a user deletes their own files then let the managaement know that it was the user who deleted their own files.
when they have a go at you just tell them,
"look it's not my fault he deleted his own files, that was his own stupidity, and now if they are gone, then they are gone. if he wanted them, then he shouldn't have deleted them. they are gone and there is no way they are coming back, it's as simple as that"

Believe me, that works... I saw someone delete an entire project once (when i was working at a software company). loosing a days work for himself, and meaning that everone else in the team was then basinv work upon code that hadn't been written yet...
He tried to blame me, even went to the MD, at the end of the day, the fact that he had deleted the files, and the fact that I was outwardly confident that it wasn't my fault meant that not only that he was to blame, but it also made sure that I wasn't to blame, and didn't get blamed.

and by more accertive, i also mean that you either have to accept the long working hours, that are in your contract, and only do those hours (within reason).

Or your second choices are to put up with it, or change jobs...

To be honest though, whereever you go there will always be poor management.

I work in a Uni now, (I'm a network support guy) and I do user support, there are several times throughout the day hen I am talking to (supposably intelligent0 people (i.e professors, and doctors masters etc)... who really don't have a clue.

If you let people walk all over you, then they will... if this is the case, then no matter where you go you're going to be in the same situation.

Back
Top Bottom