It seems like you can't do shit on the Internet anymore!

Scissorman

In Runtime
With YouTube, you now need 1000 subs to live stream from a phone in 2020. What's the point? Not a lot of unpopular guys like me can make good content, and somehow acquire that many viewers. Nobody cares about my rants anyway.

On forums, there's hardly anybody posting, so how the heck is anybody going to notice you? To be honest, gaming forums are frequently visited by people that aren't a full shilling either. God, I mean, man; I just hate how YouTube have axed a feature that was so brilliant, yet basic, and should be available to everyone. Using crappy third party apps like Streamlabs makes for an overall poor broadcast. I've tried it. The audio vanishes at some parts. There's other issues as well. It's just silly.

I think I'm losing this battle. The few subs I have are trolls, that like to vote my videos down. That's it. I don't know how to edit and do any of that stuff, and honestly... with how some folk are online with how they choose to conduct themselves, I wonder what the point is. :facepalm:

There are other platforms that allow you to live stream. You could use Instagram of Facebook. Potentially, you could use one platform to aquire popularity on another. For example, by sharing links, using mathing hashtags, sharing usernames, etc.

This may be a bit blunt, but if nobody cares about your rants, why would you want to live stream them? If you don't know how to edit video, why would you try to become a content creator on a video-sharing platform?

Well, it's fine to follow other channels, have your say, and all. But sometimes, you just wish people would notice you more and subscribe to watch you. It's so hard.

I get the impression 'general video diary' kind of videos with no editing are "boring" to people. Gee, not everyone is a technical wizard. At the same time... an opinion piece is just that.

Well, it's fine to follow other channels, have your say, and all. But sometimes, you just wish people would notice you more and subscribe to watch you. It's so hard.

I get the impression 'general video diary' kind of videos with no editing are "boring" to people. Gee, not everyone is a technical wizard. At the same time... an opinion piece is just that.

I don't get you. You say you can't do anything on the internet, yet you can literally do everything and a millon more things than what you used to be able to do. Are you complaining because you can't force other people to watch you? If people don't watch your videos, do other kinds of videos. Channels that create relevant content will get popular, regardless of how much you "can't do on the Internet."

If good content creators weren't able to get popular through YouTube's algorithm, then YouTube wouldn't exist anymore, because nobody would be able to find interesting videos to watch.

If you don't meet the modern standards to become a content creator, you shouldn't be trying to get into the business. It's like me saying "FIFA sucks because nobody in Manchester City will hire me to play for them. Granted, I'm trash at football, but they should hire me anyways."

I completely understand your frustration with the change YouTube has made to its live-streaming requirements. It certainly seems unfair that those of us with more limited followings are not able to access the same features as larger creators.

Lets be honest, Youtube is 99%trash these days. Mostly people boasting about their wealth and kids posting rubbish. If I follow that link as well Gold Dragonfly it says that this video doesn't exist. Not a good way to get followers. Anyway I don't think Youtube will exist for much longer in it's present form and the way it is at the moment I say good riddance.

I completely understand your frustration with the change YouTube has made to its live-streaming requirements. It certainly seems unfair that those of us with more limited followings are not able to access the same features as larger creators.

The first time I studied this subject was when I found out who Jeremy Houghton is and how he wants to change the youtube algorithms. That being said, I think there are still ways for you to make your content visible and engaging online. Although forums may not have the same reach as YouTube, you can still build an audience by connecting with like-minded people and creating content that resonates with them. You can also look into other video streaming services where the requirements may not be as stringent. Finally, remember that the quality of your content is just as important as the number of followers you have. Even if you don't have a ton of subscribers, you can still make great content that people will appreciate and respond to. So keep creating, and don't give up!

Back
Top Bottom