Scout photos and update!

Half Evil

Golden Master
1013081508.jpg

1013081508a.jpg

Think about this. I'm 5'11 and that floor board where to step up into at the rocker panel comes up to the top of my hip.

Anyways, I got it running today! Not for very long. The vent in the carb was spewing out gas so I need to re adjust the float. But it does run.

Final things to do are:

Linkage inside (accelerator/brake/clutch)
Choke line
Steering box mount
New front brake lines/mounted master cylinder.

This is my most recent jeep trail, and its right next to the school. So it will be scout trail before winter!

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

Damn, that looks awsome. I heard those Scouts are made to tow a lot, geared almost like a tractor.
That trail looks like fun too, wish I had somewhere to wheel like that.

Wow, looks great. I always wished I had gotten into cars and stuff, but the reality is I'm just too lazy. Good luck with the rest of it.

Damn, that looks awsome. I heard those Scouts are made to tow a lot, geared almost like a tractor.
That trail looks like fun too, wish I had somewhere to wheel like that.

Lol thanks. Well, I wouldnt say their made to tow alot. They just have increible amounts of torque and a bullet proof engine. You want a mudd boggin engine, there is no better.

Although, if anyone remembers my scout has had a few stages. Let me use picture reference....

Scout started as a whole vehicle. I couldnt obtain the correct carb so it never ran good on the 4 cyl engine. Also a torque tractor motor. Thats besides the point. Then also it had weak axles and suspension with what I wanted to do to it.

International001.jpg

Then I got a hold of a traveall with heavy duty everything. Pre cursor to the suburban. Its basically a 3x4 ton truck. V8, divorced tranny/xfer case, d44 front and rear yadda yadda. Basically did a frame off with it from this

0504081425.jpg

To (circle just shows rust)

eidted.jpg

Got my swampers

0602081156.jpg

Took the body off the scout frame

0610081022.jpg

Back
Top Bottom