For sale/trade.

bullzi

Fully Optimized
I was wondering if it's possible to make people that are new to the forums read the rules. Seems like every thread that goes up in there is against the rules, doesn't have a picture or not a full description. Maybe we could make them read the rules during registration or before they post. It might just be me, but its getting kind of annoying having every thread against the rules ;).

just lock every thread which brakes the rules and post a short message "thread locked because it was against the rules, please read the rules. www.linktorules.com"

just lock every thread which brakes the rules and post a short message "thread locked because it was against the rules, please read the rules. www.linktorules.com"
Believe me nothing works, mods deal with approximately six to twelve major spams a week, & those numbers don't diminish as time goes on.

You can customise the rules you get when you open a new account and have to tick the box saying I accept. At least I think you can, I helped a mate of mine set up vBulletin a few years back so I don't know what's changed between versions.

you could do what they do on my zx2 forum (teamzx2.com) they don't let anyone with less than 75 posts put anything up for sale. They can buy things obviously, but we got sick of people who would sign up just to rip us off and stuff. Might be worth looking into since it would also stop the spam posts in that section. :)

I don't think they should have to read the rules, they should want to. I did, and if they don't and they break the rules they will find out the hard way.

mods are here to sort out spam and naughty members.
people dont read the rules
even with the rules being shown during registration people will read and ignore them, or just ignore them all together.

as long as we all do our bit to keep the forum clean it will be ok. apart from furbys little fits i feel this forum is pretty spam free compared to a lot of others
edit: why is it in this category, it needs to be moved

Back
Top Bottom