Routine blood test? haha

Kage

Golden Master
Okay, I had a routine blood test today. I've had 2 before, but this was the first time I had to fast all night, and this morning, but I got up pretty early to have it, so I didn't think it'd be a problem.

Well, I had it done (there were a few complications with the needle not extracting correctly). Anyhow, haha, I got up, and well, felt dizzy, like if you get up too quick after sitting down for too long. Got told to sit down, and fainted for a few seconds, apparently.
I woke up with 2 nurses above me asking if I was alright :eek: haha...

Thats never happened before to me, and I think it was probably because my blood sugar levels were low, and the blood pressure had dropped, but, haha, I felt so stupid leaving the room around 8 minutes later with old people sat down, looking at me as I walked off :p

Well, theres my story for the day. I'm now going to relax for a bit, take my bike to be pumped up, and head to check the models of cameras out a bit more at the shops.

yeah consider yourself lucky lol when i had to get blood work done like 2 months ago wow... she stabbed me prbly 5 times..... she was RIGHT about to get it from my hand vain but im glad she dident haha, but wow you fainted? dang haha did you drive there or have someone take you?

Yep.... I blaim the fact I've never fasted before a blood test before, and this time I had to, so with that, and the blood pressure dropping suddenly... I felt well funny haha. I was surprised.

They lay me down, got me water in a cup (which tasted foul), and then asked me to get a chocolate bar or something at the cafe (which I did!!! An excuse to eat chocoloate? Oh yeah!"

I got a lift there, but had to walk back. I made it okay though.
I still feel slightly funny now to be honest.

Same thing happened to me a few years back. I had to lie down and have a glass of water. I bet the nurses must thing we are really pathetic!

I passed out after giving blood on two occasions. Now I just tell them to take out half a pint instead of a whole pint.

I felt a little ill along with feeling like a fool, but the embarrassment and the sick feelings went away pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom