Rooted and overclocked my motorola Droid and updated to 2.2.

lewblue83

In Runtime
So i took the plunge and rooted my droid. mainly because 2.2 has leaked out, and verizon took SOOOOOO long to roll out 2.1 last time, i just dont want to wait for them.

I am thoroughly IMPRESSED. This phone has officially transformed into BEAST MODE. lol. i have adobe flash 10.1, im overclocked to 1.2Ghz and judging from the following benchmark i did on my phone, its a BEAST. so much faster now. :D :D :D :D

snap20100612100345.png

doesn't overclocking kill battery life?

If not it makes me wonder why the manufacturer didn't run it at that speed in the first place.

Maybe it's so they can sucker a bunch of people into buying a "droid 2.0" device which would just be the exact same phone only oc'd for twice the price

Lol it's the same thing as jailbreaking. If your phone gets messed up don't expect them to replace unless you pay for a new one.

which is why i have insurance. they cant inspect my phone if its "lost" lol.

and yes it kills battery life.

but the performance is so worth it.

Very nice on the insurance part lol.

But how long on an average day of use does the battery last?

Very nice on the insurance part lol.

But how long on an average day of use does the battery last?

well normally. without overclock, id have to charge my phone at least once during the day if i was on the internet and stuff.

i am not sure how much worse it is yet. but the phone does get warm. so i imagine its just sucking juice. but i have a program called setCPU on here, and i can set it to automatically underclock the cpu when its not doing anything, like in standby, or charging. so that helps.

Lol it's the same thing as jailbreaking. If your phone gets messed up don't expect them to replace unless you pay for a new one.

well i jailbroke and unlocked ALL of my iphones that i had (3 to be exact) and every single one i had got replaced by apple at some point. id use the phone for about 9 months or so, and before the warranty was up, go in to apple and bitch about some dead pixels, theyd replace it no questions asked, id just do a full system restore before i brought it back.

then once i had the new one, id sell it for 3x what i paid for it. lol. everyone goes CRAZY for iphones.

Back
Top Bottom