RIP Windows 98...

I can't believe there doing that to the best OS they ever made. 98 that is. ME was crap.

Service pack 1 XP becomes unsupported in October you know, so make sure you get pack 2.

Windows 98 was pretty good. However, the best they ever made has to be Windows 2000. Haha, ME was pure crap. It was like they just slapped things together so they could get out a new operating system for sale. :rolleyes:

~K-Pow~ said:
I can't believe there doing that to the best OS they ever made. 98 that is. ME was crap.

No s*** sherlock. I had that OS once and promptly removed it. As I say, Windows ME is an ill-reputed attempt at a 32-bit operating system. The only thing that was good about it was that they introduced the System Restore feature to Windows.

XP without service packs is already unsupported... and ironically enough you can't use windows update (to get a better service pack level) unles you have service pack 1 or above!

So I guess my laptop with a dual boot Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000 Server isn't supported by Microsoft??? jk :D

It will be like that one day with XP. It's a shame though, 98 was really good. There are other ways of getting help with 98 though, other than Microsoft.

Would this mean microsoft would not care if the OS is downloaded, and used illegally?

Unfortunately, it's the nature of the industry and Windows 98 has had its day

No it hasn't, it is still used by millions of people, including myself.

Windows 98 is old, and microsoft can't be tieing up resources using it. Crap, I often used 98 IN A LONG TIME!

I'm not upset.

Windows 98 is old; it came out 8 YEARS ago. For technology, that is definitely a lot of time.

I don't think it's unreasonable for MS to discontinue support for an Operating System that old.

Back
Top Bottom