The Review Thread

HRHunteRHR

BSOD
In this thread for the late nighters, the bored, and the angry who need to vent it out, you can review anything you like, and respond to the reviews of others.

My review will be on gaming.

I'm 14. I will be 15 on January 29th, and right now is the peak of my life, women, games, friends, movies, trust, and absolutely NO work (besides highschool). It's the holidays, and gaming is very popular in the all age groups alike, but I fear that this year has been a very bad year for the gaming industry. I mean, we have platforms like the PSP, and the NIntendo DS making their debuts, but if this year wasn't bad enough already, you have thes eplatforms and the other consoles (xbox, PS2, Gcube) failing to produce any GOOD games. Yea, we had the extremely anticipated "Halo 2", but even that wasn't as good as it could have been. The gameplay was short lved and very repetitive, leaving us with an ending that did keep us wondering, but no news of any real work on Halo 3. The sequal was bad enough to not be realeased for the PC, which COULD have been a great game, on the PC, but rather, they gave us a stupid Map Pack to "hold us over". PS2 only saw few good games, one of which being "God Of War", but I never played that because I didn't feel like spending 50 of my hard earned dollars on something I could play for a day or two. I have grown very bored of these games. I used to be a great fan of the gamecube, telling all my friends it was the "best of the best", but when they failed to release anything with real blood (besides ROE 2) or guns, and continued with a parade of old N64 remakes, like "Mario Tennis", and "Mario Party 6", and others, I gave up. Super Smash Bros. Melee was the best game ever released for the damned thing. Legend Of zelda: The Windwaker was more like "Legend of Zelda: The Shit Waker". The games intuitive graphics were pretty cool, but the gameplay made me want to cry. I preferred the continuos "hiyah" slice from Ocarina rather than the high pitched 5 year old screetch that came out of this new looking Link's mouth. The idea of restoring the Master Sword was great and all, but the King turned into a freaking boat?? For Pete's sakes, the game was as twisted as a freaking screw! The little "parry" maneuvers were cool, but once you got them down, they were like a cheat, you could kill pretty much anything with them. Hey, whatever beats the high pitched screetches and the stupid sword play were good enough for me. Bottom of the line: It was REEALY twisted and repetitive. So we move on to the downfall of the cube, and we hit this strange "Legend of Zelda: The Twighlight Princess". Now I think they were trying to incorporate the gameboy-like titles of the other randomly sucky gameboy zelda games with this one. Apparently, Link can trun into a werwolf now? Anyways, they said this would be released this year, and we waited in the summer, we waited past Halloween, and we had our hopes that we would be able to pull out the dusty old Game-Cube, but they failed us for "The holidays", so no Zelda present was going to reach the house. I saw a demo of this game, and I pretty much gave up on it. the last Zelda game I bought was The Shit Waker, and my most valued thing I got out of that was the promotional disk with the classic Ocarina Of Time, and the harder version, The Master Quest (which really was hard, I got to the forest temple then quit it). Xbox had a pretty good year, with the release of the Xbox 360, giving it a nice boost of cash (not that MS needs anymore) ahead of the other developers, and Nintendo contiued to bluff it's "Nintendo Reolvution". Seeing's how the Nintendo DS was a waste of my 150 hard earned xmas and birthday present (I recieved it over xmas and it counted as my b-day pres, what a waste!), I am staying away from this one. Nintendo also is releasing it's "Gameboy: Micro" or whatever the hell it is. To me, it look's like on of those game pads they used to give out at Burger King and Mc Donalds with the kids toys, they usually had wierd games like Black stick figures playing "Football", not that I could make out anything that was going on the screen, because I was really little when they had those (they actually re-released some, I saw them), and because the LED screens were maybe an inch max. Anyways, that thing sucks. The Gameboy Advance series was cool for a long time, I even bought the SP, and it was a beautiful little pal, great for the Pokemon games, but now they have come out with "Pokemon: Dash", and I'm too old for those stupid games anymore, espescially with the "Pokemon XD Gale Of Suck" for the gamecube. I took one look at that, then the "XD" part that was added in to make it more appealing to the 7 year olds that wanted that for Xmas. The PSP was successful (I have to admit), I've only seen one person with one, but I know people are using them, espescially with that nice integrated wifi they put into it, and the DS, but seeing's how it doubles as a DVD player, people bought it. Personally, I don't go anywhere besides school and out with my friends, so I see no need for a portbale gaming system anymore. I mean, when I was little the gameboy was the shit, all the little kids and the populars had them (including all those stupid card games), but now if you even mention something like that in HighSchool, you're a nerd, and with good reason. The PC has had a GRREEATT year, both with the hard ware, with that boom I hooked up my new comp, an AMD 64 3500, 1G Ram, 200G HDD, SoundBlaster Live 24bit, Sapphire ATi x800GTO, a trick ass case, and on xmas I'll be rocken a 17inch LCD, so all the hundreds of GREAT games played rocken. These games included, BattleField 2, Star Wars Battle Front 2, COunter-Strike SOurce (1.6 is still a blast), Half-Life 2, Half Life 2 Lost Coast, DOD Source, Call of Duty 2, and the soon to be released ElderScrolls 3: Oblivion, the PC is my new console (next to the Xbox360, which is also pretty much a PC). I think the main thing the xbox had alot of was the Halo:2 on xbox live. PS2 is pretty much done for, along with all of the nintendo products. I do however belive that the Nintendo Revolution will probobly be pretty good, but the games will all be kiddy games like they are now. All in all, this year has resulted in me giving up on Nintendo and Sony. There is no way you'll see me walking out of a store with a PS3 or Nintedo Revolution, xbox 360 has won the next few console years I have. All I can say to you fellow gamers is this, be wise with the games and consoles you buy, and make sure it's really what you want. Hopefully 2006 will be a better year, both gamewise and world-wise. I think it will, with the techniogogical boost and the realese of the Windows Vista and 64 bit, (even though Linux, Sparc, and MAC are 64 bit), all the latest games, which ALREADY includes the Half-Life 2 series, will be ready to explore the beauty of 64 bit gaming.

Hmm.. where to start...

Well, first off, I have this problem with my girl. She is mad at me, because im arguing with her best friend. Nothing really in peticular.. I mean he called me a wuss snowboarder, becuase its not "extreme" and then he acts like my best friend. I could have been so damn bad, but i wasnt. I actually kept my mouth shut on most things we talked about. It was hard but i did. We were arguing and then my girl gets mad at me. I dont even kno if she was mad at him. But she stopped talking to me for a while. That was hard enough to deal with in itself. I was having a hard, hard time knowing that she was mad at me. I love her more then life its self. It just seemed that she was not cheating on me, but, it seemed she was too friendly with that one kid. Oh well, we kinda solve that. Im still pissed, but i dont let know that. And then i have this problem with this crazy ass bitch that ive never met in real life. She was all tring to get me to have phone sex with her and stuff like that. But shes got a boy friend, that happens to be a really good friend of mine. Soo she all being obesssed with me. Saying she loves me, and that she wants me to always remember her. And shes like fucking possessed. Oh well that goes from like 5pm, to about 2am. Right.. that sucked, but i get rid of her. THEN the girl that i previously went out with about a month ago, she goes out with the guy that tried to break us up the whole time we went out. That started like this:
We went out, and this kid distusts me and shit like that. And we fight, make her feel bad and all that shit. He says hes trying to be a good friend. I tell her, that hes doing that, because hes tring to get some. She doesnt beleive me. But now shes going out with the kid for about 2 weeks, she doesnt even have the deceny to tell me. Bitch! Oh well i dont care. Im done careing. But that really kicked me in the face. Yesterday was a bad.. bad day. Alot of shit. theres more, but im not going to post aobut it. Unless you all want me too, lol

That kinda makes me feel better:D

Well man, that first story in your review was crazy, your girl was getting mad at you, even though you put up with that kid?? Did you tell her you were trying? I mean if the chick really loves you then she should know that you don't HAVE to get along with her little pals.

Well its like im over jealous :D

I mean i am a guy.. obviously. But.. the thing is i know me. If i was going out with someone as hot as her. This is her..\/
http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=28380

But if i wasnt going out with her, and the person that was, lived over 2 hours away.. Well man, id hit on her too. Its just that i dont trust other guys. Oh well.. if she says she is with me, and me only, like shes said before. Then, i will just have to take a chace, and beleive her. I mean seriously, i love her. And, i do trust HER. I dont trust the other kid. As for the comments that she leaves him. Ill just have to deal with that i guess. Becuase she says shes joking. Well then ill just beleive her.

As for the little comments, it bugs the shit outta me, becuase. They say things like i love you you little whore, and stuff like that, but then you scroll down, and you see she says shes joking. And on her page it used to say little things like i love candy andy - that was his name- but she doesnt do that kinda stuff for me. Im GUESSING that its because we talk more, and she doesnt need to do that kinda stuff. But hell i dont know.

Oh...I thought this thread was for us to review products and games...haha...not our days and vent out anger. I'm out.

Ill vent some anger on how im so mad for wasting 30$ the the crappiest game in the world, Doom 3. Ok the only cool thing about the game was the graphics, but in my opinion they looked really glossy and unrealistic. The guns sucked, the pistol looked like some bum on the street made it. I mean, who uses i little shittly made pistol when you have a plasma rifle? The shotgun had the worst range in the world, i mean youd have to be really close for it to do any kind of damage. The little assult rifle wanna be gun, just plane sucked. There was virtually no AI, unless you call aimless monsters running after you with out hiding or jumping AI. The graphics were pointless anyways since the monsters vanished after they died. Run in a room grab something, monsters apear, read PDA, run in room monsters apear, read dumbass PDA really gets boring fast. The storyline was so boring, and never really got you to say like "omg i wonder whats going to happen next! Game wasent scary, play F.E.A.R if you want a game somewhat scary. Over all, the game was horrible. DONT BUY DOOM 3! By HL2, farcry,or F.E.A.R if you want a fun FPS!

I got some anger to vent...

My own mom blackmailed me over my christmas present! Who the hell does that?! I had to clean my whole room and the computer room so I could get $60 bucks! $20 of that is my next month's allowance too! What the hell is that?! I'm so pissed...:mad:

allenn812 said:
Ill vent some anger on how im so mad for wasting 30$ the the crappiest game in the world, Doom 3. Ok the only cool thing about the game was the graphics, but in my opinion they looked really glossy and unrealistic. The guns sucked, the pistol looked like some bum on the street made it. I mean, who uses i little shittly made pistol when you have a plasma rifle? The shotgun had the worst range in the world, i mean youd have to be really close for it to do any kind of damage. The little assult rifle wanna be gun, just plane sucked. There was virtually no AI, unless you call aimless monsters running after you with out hiding or jumping AI. The graphics were pointless anyways since the monsters vanished after they died. Run in a room grab something, monsters apear, read PDA, run in room monsters apear, read dumbass PDA really gets boring fast. The storyline was so boring, and never really got you to say like "omg i wonder whats going to happen next! Game wasent scary, play F.E.A.R if you want a game somewhat scary. Over all, the game was horrible. DONT BUY DOOM 3! By HL2, farcry,or F.E.A.R if you want a fun FPS!

Then Doom 3's gameplay isn't the right kind for you. Doom 3 and Quake 4 have very classic run 'n gun shooter types of gameplay, not like F.E.A.R. or Half-Life 2 with all that advanced AI. The graphics are pretty good actually...a bit too glossy, but the bump-mapping was great. The Machine Gun is okay...it's really accurate because there's barely any recoil. The Chain Gun is useless (almost). The Shotgun is actually good, no offense, you just don't know how to use it. The Pistol isn't THAT bad...no recoil at all and the aiming recticle never moves unless you move it. My only gripe is the stupid flashlight and the repetitive enemy. In almost all the cases, they come out from behind or appear from a panel that drops down. The PDA is only to get the player more immersed into the game. You can learn lots of things in the game through the PDA. Also, the interactive GUI in the game are very nice...it's never been incorporated into a game before. Like I said at the beginning, if you enjoy strategic FPS's with all that AI and crap, then Doom 3 isn't the right game for you. If you love the original run 'n gun shooter gameplay that id Software established when Doom and Doom II were made, then get it. You do have to thank id Software for really creating the whole FPS genre. Because they did...through from Wolfenstein 3D to Doom II, those games really created the whole FPS genre. Quake and Quake II really made video cards necessary to play top-of-the-line games. However, the Doom and Quake franchises are stopped. id Software is creating a whole new game, so it could be good...:)

Back
Top Bottom