religion

Spartan109

Fully Optimized
this thread for discussion on opinion, NO FLAMING!

besides i want to hear stratosP's opinion that started in the diablo 3 thread....

mods, please dont lock this because you think this will start a fight, i want to hear opinion to make my own opinion, but if a fight does start to happen then by all means, lock it.

Something's out there, but I don't know what or who. I don't think any one religion has everything right and I don't really believe in anything.

We've had so many threads like this...
Nothing can be made from them, except for comments from different people, which then turns into "how can that be true", type arguments, and "its how I was brought up". Theres no point.

We've had so many threads like this...
Nothing can be made from them, except for comments from different people, which then turns into "how can that be true", type arguments, and "its how I was brought up". Theres no point.
exactly.
well imo i believe that Jesus died on the cross for me, i believe there is a heaven and there is a hell. i believe that there what the bible speaks is nothing but the truth. i believe that if i am a good christian throughout my life i am going to be going to heaven. nothing anybody can say will change it for this is what ive learned for about 13 of my 18 years of being here. To much stuff has happened to me that people would call coincidences and just a small thing of that is just like having a hard week and its only on this one thing that's bothering me and then i go to church and the preacher talks about that thing that bothers me and tells me how to overcome it. (i can only go to church about 1-2 times a month if that)

If there was a "higher power" I'm sure billions of people wouldn't be living in total poverty worldwide, while a small number of people get pissy and have bad days because something small happened like getting a speeding ticket or something breaking. Tens of thousands of people are dyeing everyday from malnourishment, lack of water and disease.

If there was a "higher power" to balance out and control things, I'm sure these kinds of things wouldn't be happening.

For the record, I am a Christian.

But I don't think of myself as belonging to the religion of Christianity, because I do not believe in some of the things that most Church's "teach", because quite frankly alot of it is unbiblical so I don't associate myself with it because I can't in good conscience do so. Most Christian Pastors today just piss me off by their lack of understanding, here are a few of the reasons I don't associate myself with organized Christianity

Belief 1: "The Earth is only 6,000 years old"

It's very obvious throughout Scripture the earth is older than that, to think otherwise is just total BS. The first verse of the bible teaches that the earth is older than 6k years, because it says "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth", so that implies that God created the heavens and the earth at the same time, not 'God created the heavens and then the earth sometime later'. There are many other places throughout the bible that say it's older than 6k years but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Belief 2: "Adam and Eve were the first people"

That is BS, it is just so friggin' obvious in Scripture that they were not the first people created but rather the first people mentioned by name. Then right after that when people teach God banished then for eating fruit? again that is wrong but I don't want to type out the whole explanation.

Belief 3: "Jesus is gonna come and rapture us all away"

Again, BS. Show me from Scripture where it says that? most people will quote 1st Thessalonians 4:15–17, but again it's where people take one word out of context, in this passage it's the word "air". Most people think of it as in the sky but really in the Greek the word means "in the spirit", as in when we die our spirit is caught up to the Lord. But it's like look throughout Scripture (which, I can list the passages), it says in place after place to watch out because Satan is let loose for a short season to impersonate Jesus, but again to read my post makes it sound rather bizarre but I am REALLY paraphrasing things here and to look at it from Scripture it is much easier to understand.

Belief 4:
The Bible has been translated so many times we have no idea what it means

A weak excuse IMO, Scholars still have the original manuscripts. Besides, the Strong's Biblical Concordance will take any word in the bible back to it's original Greek or Hebrew root so you can see what it actually means, and while alot of things don't have the same emphasis in newer translations (like NIV, HCSB, The Living Bible etc) the King James Version (while a little hard to read with all the thees, thous and arts) is really a very good translation with only one major boo boo (which is somewhere in the book of Matthew, I can't remember where exactly but I can find it). Anyway this is a very rushed post but I'm in a hurry because I'm about to go to town with some friends:p

-=|Edit|=-
Hey Chris I see your where your coming from man but no where in the bible does it say God stops every bad thing in the world from happening. The earth still spins and good as well as bad things happen. Besides people have free will, and while no one wills themselves to starve to death the leaders of their country that make choices, sometimes make choices that can really screw other people over.

Belief 5: Don't worry about things like this. Live life and try to deal with everything that is thrown at you. Your belief will depend on the circumstances, at least mine does. When I'm in perfect condition, I tend to believe in the rational, and that God does not exist. However, in times of need, I always hear myself asking God for a favor.

the bible has been translated and re-translated to the extent that it's entire original meaning, context and even entire words phrases even proper nouns changed. it's pretty much a meaningless book. thus you have teachers,

whilst there are still ministers of the church abusing children, I find it very hard to believe in a higher power, or at least believe in the available teachers of any higher power.

Belief 5: Don't worry about things like this. Live life and try to deal with everything that is thrown at you. Your belief will depend on the circumstances, at least mine does. When I'm in perfect condition, I tend to believe in the rational, and that God does not exist. However, in times of need, I always hear myself asking God for a favor.

Sissssssssy. lol

My beliefe? We are all here already or what we think at least. So live life to the fullest as long as we can because to be honest, we will NEVER know what comes after death.

Back
Top Bottom