Random Chit Chat

My old Linksys would cycle. Not power cycle though. Just keep connecting and disconnecting. I think it was more of a problem with having DHCP though. Cuz it never struggled with static IPs.

Long story short,

It got replaced. :)

My TRENDnet 802.11g router did that. It would reset itself occasionally, but only on certain days. Most of the time it was fine, but every few weeks, it'd have a day where it couldn't stay on for more than an hour.

My TRENDnet 802.11n router is amazing though.

I don't give a rip about what idiots who claim to have "high knowledge" say about a product that they probably don't even know how to use. Product reviews on technology sites = fail. TRENDnet is a very reputable brand.

With that said, it was a $80 router. It's not like I paid $20. Why would anyone pay $20 for a router. That's just asking for trouble. You get what you pay for.

/rant about newegg reviews

would you say that you like it more than linksys routers? I noticed the trendnet 802.11N routers on TD are much cheaper than linksys.

I love it way more than Linksys routers. Albeit, TRENDnet settings seem to be in a few random or "unorganized" places, but the performance is there (I have Wireless N) and it has only once or twice not given me a connection. However, as many problems as I have with my ISP, it was probably their fault. The Linksys I had, however, would lose the DHCP connection every few days and have to be reset. It never worked properly. I could probably throw it in my house's network now, though, if I needed to expand my network. But I don't need to right now.

The TRENDnet that I purchased was this. At the time, I think I paid $99 and got a USB Wireless N adapter with it in a combo. Can't remember for sure the price though.

I have purchased 3 of these for clients who just needed "internet" (wireless and wired) so-to-speak. All are still working beautifully.

you can't tell from the little icons in the corner?

Or commercials. They almost all say what channel they are in the commercials.

I don't see any of those on a few channels, then again, I'm usually not on it for longer than a minute or two.

i think Teny is feeling lazy lol

and there is no on channel tv guide type thing either.

It's not much of being lazy as more of not having the time.

Oh. You can manually enter the channels to have something like that on most modern TVs.

That's what I did to a couple channels.

There's no TV guide for the DTV channels though. That would be...well...stupid since not everyone picks up the same channels.

Teny, I'm at college....and I have DTV on the Panny. I feel your pain. I've got my favorites memorized though.

Well, not everybody picks up the same channels on analog anyways. Like for example, my Fox is channel 13, and it's 31 and XX (forgot the other) in different places, and there is still a TV guide for it.

I'm slowly getting it memorized, then again, not really. I just keep flipping the channel till I find something interesting. Still trying to find my digital discovery channel.

Back
Top Bottom