Proper Grammar

Starr

Daemon Poster
I feel that when on forums, typing emails, or typing in instant messages that it is important to use proper spelling and grammar. I think that it is important because if we keep it up it will begin to spill over into our everyday lives eventually making us poor writers and poor communicators. And let's face it, some posts are just hard to read without it. So, what do you people think and why? Proper grammar or no?

I personally try to use proper grammar no matter what I do. That said, I'm not about to get mad or annoyed at someone if they don't use proper grammar. The main thing is if it's legible or not.

I do sometimes depends on how I feel, if I'm being lazy then I'll shorten words and stuff, but sometime I capitalize first words in sentences and stuff, just depends on my mood.

Actually, I got used to that leet speak. When I was doing my writing my assignments, there was always this urge to write "know" as "no" or some other way. It was annoying but I try to make my sentences as best as I can. This way, I won't have to worry of making a basic mistake on an exam or assignment.

i always try to use proper grammar, like my friend for ex, says "Wat u bin up 2?" OR " Im gonna buy fude 2day" Like OMG WAHT ARE YOU SAYING?? lol its been a slight problem...

I type with grammar in mind normally. I loosen up in IM's, but I still spell normal.

GRAMMAR.gif

I always use proper grammar, spelling and punctuation, unless I'm on AIM, because it's faster. I don't even text-talk on AIM. I usually don't use capitals or whatnot. I still use the correct punctuation and spelling.

Of course in most cases I like to use proper grammar, especially on forums. If I am in an IM with someone, sometimes I slag off and get a bit messy, but I try to keep it as grammatical as I can, it looks more professional.

Matt

Always proper grammar and punctuation. No constant two dots, or three dots in the end, and so on. That, and trying to get my 10 thumbs away from DAMN typos.

Back
Top Bottom