Post your worst build and pics

Hmmm that's a very good point

---------- Post added at 03:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

Ok how about a discussion about the worst parts and laptops etc ever made then its not depending on time just on how well the company has made their products yeh that sounds like a better thread ?? What do u guys think ?

it's not gonna be a popular thread if it's about computer builds and parts, because people in here don't build a system without knowing what they are getting. but a thread about disappointing purchases might be a good thread.

I just finished my first build and it is very good. Haven't made a second build. So technically I have no worst build.

Worst build:

A Jetway Via KT133 Chipset (Could have been KT266 - long ago) motherboard
1GHz Duron CPU
2x 128MB SDRAM
40GB 'Deathstar' IBM Harddrive
Windows XP Home
Integrated Gfx, Floppy (yip - still used back then!), DVD-ROM.

Hard drive failed, the memory was faulty, motherboard was unstable, and WinXP got the blaster worm and everything else going. Was a customers PC and I was never away from repairing the thing. Resorted to eventually replacing the innards with a Celeron setup and me reusing what I could for myself.

A very frustrating build indeedy!

it's not gonna be a popular thread if it's about computer builds and parts, because people in here don't build a system without knowing what they are getting. but a thread about disappointing purchases might be a good thread.

Yea, and who would wants to brag about failing? Except masochists of course...

Back
Top Bottom