Political: G8 summit (world poverty / climatic change)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's keep it cool fellers, this is a great thread and it is going well. I hope it still is in the morning (Oz time). :D

Hmm ... interesting

I have to agree that Giancarlo certainly has some excellent points but i must stress on one point, that global warming is happening and is a reality, whether we have played a large or small part in it is still a matter of debate, not just on the website but also by a variety of people, to your average person to experts and government officials. In my humble opinion, i do believe that we have greatly influenced the global warming process, we have sped it up and has changed the effects of it not only on our planet but our own lives.

The african cricise, i mean i know we all take granted our everyday lives, i do and you do. I'm just thinking about the people who many of us don't realise enough that they are in dying need to the basic necessities.

I respect your views very much Giancarlo and although i haven't had much experience about how the world operates as i am still in early high school [year 8], i am just expressing my views on the matter at hand.

PS. Gonna let a smile finish this thread off lol :)

Global warming is a reality. Now I never denied that. But I'm saying we aren't responsible for a huge overwhelming majority of it and that's not a matter of debate. We can take ice cores and look at the fact that the earth has had far greater fluctations then what we are experiencing now. What we are experiencing is very mild.

Hi again Giancarlo
A new day heeh?
From what i've heard, they have taken ice and analyse the co2 trpped inside of them by falling ice but i've also heard that since the last ice age we have never seen such high concentrations of them. Although as you said earth has had more co2 disperse in the atmosphere, they have been trough thousand or million year long processes, what we have done, we have just sped it up, increased the rate and speed at which it is happening. Mild, yes compared to the past as i said happened during a large span of earths timelime.

We have not sped this up by any stretch of the imagination. That's green rhetoric, from particular parties. You have no evidence. You again are exaggerating the facts, and the reality.

Giancarlo said:
We have not sped this up by any stretch of the imagination. That's green rhetoric, from particular parties. You have no evidence. You again are exaggerating the facts, and the reality.

Isn't it evident enough? We have the usual seasonal hurricanes, typhoons, etc. But there are rising oceans and more weather extremes. Yes we can get a graph and measure to what extent this is happening but it is evident enough.

dyserq said:
Isn't it evident enough? We have the usual seasonal hurricanes, typhoons, etc. But there are rising oceans and more weather extremes. Yes we can get a graph and measure to what extent this is happening but it is evident enough.

This is not evident of human caused factors. You again are using fear to give people that image. But you cannot say we were even marginally responsible for anything. This was a normal fluctation. Evident enough? Typical of someone who doesn't have an argument! Greens. :eek:

:rolleyes:

Lol i really don't think that your going to give up on your views are you giancarlo ?
I guess i'll leave it there
You have much more experience than me, maybe i am just playing into your hands. I don't know but i am goign to leave it here and trust me i won't look back at this thread again. :)

I don't think you are going to give up on your views either.. so why say such a thing?

Why don't you actually back yourself up... you purport that global warming was caused by humans. Back it up.

Well done fellers, this would be the first post here for a while, that has not developed into a flame fest... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom