plot summary

Ronco Rox

Fully Optimized
hey guys i'm in a kind of a problem.

for my english class i have to read this dumb book called "Shades of Simon Gray" by Joyce McDonald.

problem is that i have to finish reading it by the 6th and i hate reading! with a passion. i've looked on SparkNotes and CliffNotes for the books plot and i have found nothing.

i googled it and i find nothing. anyone ever read this book and know what it is about? it would be a big help for me, if not ill just take the one paragraph i found about the plot and stretch that out into an essay. =p

cileskot said:
idk maybe try finding a book forum or something like that. or pay a classmate to give you a sumary lol.

i wish i can pay them but everyone is reading a different book, its independt reading thingy so i can make up a complete bullsh1t story and write about it.

:idea: i just might do that :)

Ronco Rox said:
i wish i can pay them but everyone is reading a different book, its independt reading thingy so i can make up a complete bullsh1t story and write about it.

:idea: i just might do that :)

ya i guess that is a good idea. just make sure you get a vague ida on what the book is about so that your summary is somewhat related to the actual plot lol

alright, well you also have to consider that i am a mastermind behind this. i did the same thing last year for all my quarterlies in english. i made up the book, author, and story.

man i never read any book last year adn got away with an A in the class you could say my teacher was clueless or i was good at it lol...but ya it was good times but now i'm in th eadvanced english lol so i have to read cause we have to analyze like every word and its meaning

Ronco Rox said:
For my english class i have to read this dumb book called "Shades of Simon Gray" by Joyce McDonald.
Dumb book?, One of it's awards is "VOYA best sci-fi fantasy & horror book of the year" have a look here; www.joycemcdonald.net your book is listed on the left.

Brookfield said:
Dumb book?, One of it's awards is "VOYA best sci-fi fantasy & horror book of the year" have a look here; www.joycemcdonald.net your book is listed on the left.

yeah i know it one awards, but its dumb in the sense that you have to read it. if it were a cool book would i have this problem?

I never agreed to forcing people to read book X within a short time period. You don't have time to really enjoy it. I'm not an avid reader myself, and I believe it's for this reason. I never had good experiences with literature, although I suppose I am well read as a result of my AP English classes, but I don't have much to show for it now.

Most of the time when I read, I'll sit down and read a technical article or repair guide or something like that, I actually enjoy that a lot. I have all but abandoned fictional novels.

I haven't read a book since Angels and Demons and the Davince Code came out, but those were pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom