Photoshoppers....Help please!

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
Okay.....if there are any photoshoppers out there who want to take a crack at this please let me know.

I have this photo:
IMG00049-20100425-1700.jpg

Let me try to explain what I would like.
First I would like the needle to be cut out of the picture and saved as a separate image file, just how it is with a transparent background. Just the orange part of the needle.

Then I would like to take the whole image and cut the needle out again (just the orange) and then fix the image so it looks like the needle was never there and save that image.

Any other questions about it let me know.

Later on I would like to animate it in sony vegas so the needle goes from zero to 200 and then back again, but that's a different day.

So anyone want to take a shot at it? It would be much appreciated since I'm not good enough with photoshop to pull that off.

Thanks!

I have to go to New Orleans right now, but I can work on this tomorrow if nobody else does it before. It's fairly straightforward.

Would you like the colors/exposure/framing corrected as well? That helps quite a bit. It could also look a whole lot better if you re-took it from slightly farther away so the top and bottom of the gauge weren't cut off.

Thanks Foothead....you're awesome. Whatever you want to do to the colors and stuff to make it look better is fine by me.

I can't really have the pic re-taken, it's not my pic, it's my buddies pic, so just chop the photo as is.

Thanks!

Ok, done. Here's my quick attempt.

gauge_2.jpg

needle_1.png

It was antialiased and loaded with JPEG artifacts, but I think this should work. You may be better off just drawing the needle in yourself though. There was no detail to work with, and I'm not 100% sure what is needed. If you do use this one, make sure you soften the edges a lot so it doesn't look like a copy/paste.

Let me know if there's anything else you need done.

Thank you so much Foothead!.....I'd rep you but there is no more rep so I'll just say thanks! The image without the needle looks great, I don't think I could have done it that well.

Antdemo.....I'll let you know, thanks for the offer!

no worries, post a pic of your bum and ill rotate the needle in the correct position.. pretty cool hey with what you can do with photoshop.

That's the same thing my buddy said, I like it fast like that, I dunno, maybe I'm wrong. That happens occasionally....lol

Back
Top Bottom