Photography Competition - Abstract

Here is mine. hope it can be classed as abstract.

Man, I'm lost as to what would qualify as abstract!!

Looking at the definition:
ab·stract
adjective
abˈstrakt,ˈabˌstrakt/
1. existing in thought or as an idea but not having a physical or concrete existence.

:confused::confused::confused:

I think that I overthink these competitions!

EDIT: That said however, that's a nice pic Biker!

thanks.

Yeah i am a little confused too. when you google abstract in google image you will find 95% Photoshop images.

I think it has to have some sort of pattern.
Here is some good abstract image as examples. (I did NOT takes these pictures.)

abstract-photography-4-5.jpg

Abstract_Photography.jpg

I don't even know what abstract means, and even when I translated it to Arabic I got some mumbo jumbo Arabic words that make no graphical sense to me (I guess that is what mumbo jumbo means haha).

You know, I think it is those pictures that make no sense then. You know, the ones that cost millions of dollars and people look at it in showcases like they know what they are doing?

Wait, I Google Image searched for "abstract art" and I got some... oh dear, can't even describe it! But, ehm, some of them looked perverted to me!

I would say ~mr mixx~'s photo is the best representation of abstract through photography...

My submission:

Attachments

• thermal.jpg
    thermal.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 8
Abstract art can be a painting or sculpture that does not depict a person, place or thing in the natural world -- even in an extremely distorted or exaggerated way. Therefore, the subject of the work is based on what you see: color, shapes, brushstrokes, size, scale and, in some cases, the process.

In other words, when you look at it, you shouldn't be able to tell what it is. Like mine. It's the bottom of a bracket that was hanging on a wall with glue and the plaster peeled off when the bracket was taken down.

In other words, when you look at it, you shouldn't be able to tell what it is. Like mine. It's the bottom of a bracket that was hanging on a wall with glue and the plaster peeled off when the bracket was taken down.

This. This is what I had envisioned when thinking about abstract! Obviously, it's up for interpretation, but this is what I had in mind. :)

In other words, abstract art is suppose to make make fun of people?

I believe it does, when I see people keep staring at them with a blank facial expression :)

In other words, abstract art is suppose to make make fun of people?

I believe it does, when I see people keep staring at them with a blank facial expression :)

People that stare at art like that for longer than 30 seconds concern me. :cool: :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom