a personal advice from computer professionals

I'm in kind of the same position as you. I am a computer science major, although only in my first year, but I have a good taste of what to expect in my further years. Anything heavily computer related does take up a lot of your time. I spend several hours a day working on programming assignments and that time almost always runs into my nights when I would like to go out and have fun. That being said, I can honestly say that I think the realworld workforce is going to be a lot like that. However, it will be in short bursts. I have done a little reading on what's involved with these types of jobs and a lot of them are contract type deals. You work heavily on them for a few weeks or months, then you get a break, then you do it again and after; another break. It does put heavy strain on a relationship. I have had the chance to "hook up" (for an extended period of time that is...short term's alright if you know what i mean haha) with several girls during my university endeavors but there is no way I could find time for a relationship unless that person is really understanding that I need to apply a lot of my time to my studies. Other than that, there will not be a whole lot of socializing going on. First year isn't too bad but I know what to expect for the later years already.

how can you not? read it.. think about it, it makes perfect sence and I think it's one of the best quotes ive ever heard...

Great quote seti

~" You must master your life. Not be a slave to it",

And it means(well from my point of view) you need to master your like, you be in control of it, that also *i think* that you dont need drugs or etc to help master your life as thats no really by yout control(anyways off the quote sorta etc) And not be a slave to it...but yeah
(hard to explian on the net like alot of things...)

Does make perfect sense tho..

edit~ Good luck anyways c_guy, :)
You'll find a way to master you like 'per say.. About learning.

when studying you usually have to do some 4~5 hrs per day in lessons/lectures then another 3~4 hours after that doing self study and assignments...

when working you do 7~8 hrs per day and then the time after that is yours... so in terms of hours,
you'll find it about the same...

but bear in mind that when you work you'll maybe live with your girlfriend, so seeing her everyday will stop being something that you have to make time for and start being something quite natural -though you do obviously still have to make an effort somewhere,
going to the gym is a few hours a week activity, and you'll find this quite easy to fit in with the rest of your life...

don't worry... things do get easier once you've left school (usually)...

when seti says you have to master your life not be slave to it, he means that you have to find things that make you happy, and seek happiness and enjoyment out of your life.
if you go to the gym because you appreciate being fit and healthy and gain enjoyment out o it then that is good, (you are the master of your life happiness and wellbeing) but if you go because you feel that you have to then that is bad, and you are enslaved to the activity and don't get enjoyment out of it...

you'll find the same when you go to work...
but it's better to be the master of yur life and do a skilled job that you can seek enjoyment of than be a burger flipping slave to the McDonalds corperation.

my little saying

What you put in, will come straight back in the near future....

i.e. put in effort now, it will pay you back in an aston martin

Back
Top Bottom