PC stores that don't know what they are doing...

Jesusfrk611

Fully Optimized
I despise PC stores that don't know what they are doing. I ordered 15 HDDs yesterday morning in hopes of getting them that day. They needed to be formatted and they said they'd call me when they were done. 24 hours passes and I give them a call. They are still working on formatting them. Please note: these HDDs are only 10 or 20GB, they will format fairly fast. Even with several passes on each HDD I could have finished the job by myself. It annoys me because I needed 2 of the HDDs yesterday.

To explain why I need so many. I rebuild older PCs and resell them to get a bit of money, and I'm out of HDDs right now. I need 2 for 2 builds I am doing for someone. They won't get my business any more after this, if I even buy these, they close at 6:00 and it's about 3:20, they aren't open on the weekend.

Got any stories like this...?

Why didn't you just ask to recieve them and format them yourself then?...

Fraid not. My lifes boring, haha.

It's their policy that they must format them before they can sell them. The guy I talked to said they would be ready yesterday evening, so i call this morning and they are still not done formatting... I called again today later in the afternoon and they still weren't done, and I wasn't so nice when I spoke this time. He said they would be done by closing time, which is also rush hour time, so despite the fact that I need them bad I didn't want to get into rush hour traffic and then on top of that, take the risk that they aren't actually done yet.

It's better to do it Yourself man, Why pay someone to format a hd...when You can do it with no problem. for a hd of that size should only take a few minutes.

Just use FDISK in dos prompt...

It's better to do it Yourself man, Why pay someone to format a hd...when You can do it with no problem. for a hd of that size should only take a few minutes.

Just use FDISK in dos prompt...
Hes already said its company policy, so thats not an option.:)

they obviously aint very efficient if they cant format a few hdds in the stated time. i dont blame you for being angry. they should be able to do it

where are you are you in the us
and sometimes it can be annoying , what would have annoyeed me more would have been if they promised them done by a certain time but hadnt finished them by then

They promised them by Thursday evening, the day I called. It's now Saturday and they are closed until Monday. Last time I called they weren't done, but they said they'd be done by the end of the day. I didn't go pick them up because they probably still don't have them done.

I'd be very happy to format them on my own time, it's not hard to do, and it only takes a few minutes per HDD. I'm not paying them to format them, I'm paying them to own them, but to be able to own them, they must first format them...

Back
Top Bottom