Patch Disc =D

She's a woman. They always have to be right.
z7shysterical.gif

LOL true...the funny part is she has spent 2 weeks on that...and I still can't read what the disc says

Oh, it's the PS3 version. Yeah, when Assassin's Creed first came out the PS3 version had tons of bugs and graphical glitches and issues. I'm guessing they just started packaging patches with later copies, though I don't understand why they couldn't have just offered it through PSN instead. That's what most Xbox 360 games do...XBL automatically downloads patches when games need it.

Thing is though, some people don't have connections to the Internet on the consoles all the time (me included)

The Wii for example included an update with Super Mario Galaxy on the disc itself (Or at least to the firmware)

Thing is though, some people don't have connections to the Internet on the consoles all the time (me included)

It's really not hard to plug in your console to your router or whatnot. Even if you have to use Xbox Live Silver there is so much more to get from online services such as XBL and PSN. I do agree with your main point though...even as much as it pains me to do so.

The Wii for example included an update with Super Mario Galaxy on the disc itself (Or at least to the firmware)

Hah, well it IS the Wii. Nintendo never really got the memo to make a proper online service. So even if they had updates for games you couldn't really download them anyways. :p

Wii doesnt have bad online stuff from what I hear... At least it doesnt cost as much as the 360s, its not hard to plug a PS3 into a router and whatnot, if you have the internet for it... Some people dont have the internet to do that.

Yeah, Wii Channels and the Online Store. Adding friends is archaic in itself; you have to have Friend Codes rather than a Gamertag with a complete account tied underneath it.

Actually, the majority of people these days do have the internet for it. DSL is sufficient enough for stable gaming sessions even with decent bandwidth at hand.

As for Xbox Live Gold costing $50, I think its well worth it. It's stable, fast and you get tons of features with it. PlayStation Network may be free, but it just doesn't offer that much other than free online gameplay. Things that are free doesn't mean it'll be good. Sony still has ways to go before they're even in league with Xbox Live.

The one thing I do congratulate Sony on is the use of actual dollars when you buy things from the PlayStation Store. That way you know what you're exactly paying for. Xbox Live and the Wii Online Store/Virtual Console use points and the currency conversion is a bit harder to understand.

All in all, I'd still gladly play for Xbox Live. After all, you really do get what you pay for. A proper online gaming service.

Yeah, Wii Channels and the Online Store. Adding friends is archaic in itself; you have to have Friend Codes rather than a Gamertag with a complete account tied underneath it.

Actually, the majority of people these days do have the internet for it. DSL is sufficient enough for stable gaming sessions even with decent bandwidth at hand.

As for Xbox Live Gold costing $50, I think its well worth it. It's stable, fast and you get tons of features with it. PlayStation Network may be free, but it just doesn't offer that much other than free online gameplay. Things that are free doesn't mean it'll be good. Sony still has ways to go before they're even in league with Xbox Live.

The one thing I do congratulate Sony on is the use of actual dollars when you buy things from the PlayStation Store. That way you know what you're exactly paying for. Xbox Live and the Wii Online Store/Virtual Console use points and the currency conversion is a bit harder to understand.

All in all, I'd still gladly play for Xbox Live. After all, you really do get what you pay for. A proper online gaming service.

Well I don't have a direct connection for it. Only dial up I don't have DSL. Believe it or not there are still places in the world were cable and dsl are not offered. I bought a WiFi connector to rig my dial up to work on the PS3 to get online and get updates.

So far i've downloaded 3 demo's, patched Assassins Creed, and played some Madden 08 all on dial up. Gotta work with what I got. No where near as fast but its still better than dragging it off to a friends to do it.

Wow as far as the topic of the thread ya mine didn't come with that but I'm fully updated to 1.10V without it ;) Its interesting yours has Mature in the lower left in bright red my copy is just the basic black Mature +17. Maybe thats the new version.

Back
Top Bottom