Paramount busted me..

Austinn1

Daemon Poster
Well, I got busted by Paramount for copyright infringement. They turned me in minutes after downloading a movie. My internet was off for 2 days, and I had to pay a small fee. and they took my laptop to make sure everything was gone.

Ive been downloading for like 4 years now, this is the first time i got in trouble. they said next time it happens they wont turn my internet back on and ill get blacklisted.

Luckily, I saved all the stuff i downloaded onto a flash drive before I had to turn my laptop in.

Wow...
Guess it shows no ones safe.

You were lucky it was only a small fine, and I hope you didn't have anything else on the computer too.

Personally, I think it's better than suing a person here and there for millions of dollars like the RIAA has been doing in the past.

Well, i backed everything up on my flash drive, all my music and movies. Then i deleted everything related to torrents. And i ran nCleaner. I was a little worried about a few other programs I have. But he didn't say nothing about it.

I'm a little worried to download now, My mom pays the bill, and I don't wanna ruin it for her.

I was going to get stuff off of DreamSpark, but I dont think i will now.

were you torrenting?
Good thing the RIAA decided to give a few warnings out before suing people now.

I guess it's time to start buying your movies instead of downloading them.

Yes Teny, I was.

I asked what would happen next time i get caught, he said He wouldnt be able to turn internet on. Didnt say anything about being sued.

I guess it's time to start buying your movies instead of downloading them.
Ive only downloaded like 3 movies in my lifetime, and I get caught. but I have GB's and GB's of music. And I never got caught with that.

Is that even legal? I wouldn't hand it over without speaking to a lawyer first.

I wondered too. but then again, I didnt really wanna get lawyer, cause I had already admittied it, and he could turn around and sue me.

Was just easier to do as I was asked.

you could do those file sharing sites like what i do.
Pain in the ass when you DL too much, and the site tells you to wait for a certain amount of time.
But from what i have heard, its safer than torrenting since most ISPs dont/cant see what you are downloading, they can only see what you are uploading.

Back
Top Bottom