One more 3DTV question

Yes. The further away you are, supposedly the better the effect. But there will become a problem at such a distance, where objects appear stretched

Yes. The further away you are, supposedly the better the effect. But there will become a problem at such a distance, where objects appear stretched

Thanks Kage.

This is one of the new technologies that I feel will take off (if it hasn't already). For me it's the biggest advance since color tv (my family was first in the building to get color tv).

Hmm, 3D in the home is a hard one for me to reconsile. At the moment anyway.
3D has been around for some time, but only now is technology starting to catch up with what we expect to see.

I don't think TV's of the sizes we have in the home really do 3D justice

Have you ever been to see an IMAX 3D showing of an actual IMAX film? Not one thats been based off a cinema release and upscaled, but one that has actually been built for the IMAX 70mm film in mind?
If you have, you will understand how 3D is meant to be seen.

I don't think the frames per second are at all fast enough though for smooth motion in 3D.
25FPS PAL (29.9 FPS NTSC) is fine for 2D, but throw 3D into the mix, and...no.

At least with gaming in 3D, 60fps is possible, since its not governed by terrortory laws, which improves the experience a lot. But still, the size is an issue.
You won't get objects flying directly infront of your eyes, even on a rather large set in your living room. Not unless you have projection for example. That of course is possible.

I've personally played on a 3DS at my local Game on the day it came out (Friday here), and had a go at the AR target game, and PilotWings.
I was pretty impressed to be honest, but didn't have a lot of time to experiment with it much.
It works a lot better for portable gaming than I expected, but thats only if games are made for it that aren't made purely for the 3D effect.

3D has been around for some time, but only now is technology starting to catch up with what we expect to see.

Have you ever been to see an IMAX 3D showing of an actual IMAX film? Not one thats been based off a cinema release and upscaled, but one that has actually been built for the IMAX 70mm film in mind?

I don't think the frames per second are at all fast enough though for smooth motion in 3D.

At least with gaming in 3D, 60fps is possible, since its not governed by terrortory laws, which improves the experience a lot. But still, the size is an issue.
You won't get objects flying directly infront of your eyes, even on a rather large set in your living room. Not unless you have projection for example. That of course is possible.

I've personally played on a 3DS at my local Game on the day it came out (Friday here), and had a go at the AR target game, and PilotWings.
I was pretty impressed to be honest, but didn't have a lot of time to experiment with it much.
It works a lot better for portable gaming than I expected, but thats only if games are made for it that aren't made purely for the 3D effect.

It would be a lot better if the graphics were better.

Talking about the technology catching up. It was just announced yesterday that Nintendo's coming out with a 3D game where you don't need glasses.

Why did you say it was just announced yesterday though?

Not really. I just threw up the depth slider to full and left it there. I wish it could go up more

Back
Top Bottom