Okay whats the deal?

With virtually every new account disabled within a matter of days? You wonder why we don't have any new members here.

It seems like everyone that joins up nowadays has there account disabled.

I know a few of the problematic forumers that have created multiple accounts which some mods have ID'd Via there IPs.

My question can't you just IP block those addresses to get rid of them? Noboby is staying here. It seems we get people that ask a question then there gone. Or we get someone thats already been banned and they get banned again.

This forum needs something more to draw in people and keep them comming back. For the number 1 google rank when typing computer forum are active member base is ridiculously small.

Heres a good question. Wouldn't it be better to make are forum private so guests would have to register to see any posts? Maybe leave the actual thread topic viewable but the replys within hidden. That would force people to at least become a member instead of lurk. Then of course if they become a member there more likely to post.

Edit In:
It appears I can't add a poll. Can a mod add a poll to this asking If we think the forum should remain public or require a membership to see posts. Sorry would have included it but it was an after thought lol.

The sad thing is that most of the new members have been george monks. Other new members just post a couple of times then leave. I see your point and I agree. I don't think he forum should be private though.

A few new users have turned out to be previous banned memebers up to old tricks again but on a posetive note we are getting a good number of users at the moment. I know alot join, post a question and leave but I think thats something we have to accept because of the nature of this forum - people join looking for help and thats what we provide

i'm not sure which accounts you are talking about that weren't previous banned members. I know there has been like four in the past few weeks that were all the same person but as far as other new members i havent seen any of them get banned.

the only people that get banned are old members, becuase mods check the ips of the new people really well. they can scan for other users with the same Ip I believe, so they can quickly identify a old banned member.

ip scans dont always work however.........

speaking of people scaning peoples ip's y did brookfield get banned?

he finally got a taste of the ban hammer as a result of all his double posting. He got like a 5 day or week ban or something.

Back
Top Bottom