Oh wow, I forgot last Tuesday was...

My brother drank a lot, I only drank with him a couple of times. I quit drinking years ago because I didn't like having diminished judgement and reactions and he died of throat cancer caused by drinking.
I think I made the wiser choice and I don't think he would argue the point.

I guess those cases are more like being with a friend who happens to be a sibling at the same time. How about family gatherings, like Xmas or birthday parties? I'm guessing it would be very light drinking or no drinking at all?

Sorry about your brother, Tech. May he rest is peace and go to a better place.

Bill and i drank ALL the time!!! We went to bed with a drink beside the bed so we had one when we woke up in the morning!! I have been a member of AA for years now. I drank and drugged my life away. And now i am paying for it! Best advise is don't start! Even with PTSD i am working through it with help from the VA.

I kinda figured that. Bill and i survived all the crap our family put us thru. I was almost killed three different times by parents and bill, I lost track of. When we could we would run away from home. sometimes for a month or more at a time. The police were a joke back then when it came to kids. I guess you could say we are survivors of the storm.

PTSD is something you learn to live with and with help learn to cope with. Nothing that you can get over with. Kinda like sitting someplace and all the sudden you click on a memory that sets yourself on edge. Takes a few moments to figure out why you are so mad right then. Memorys suck...

PTSD is something you learn to live with and with help learn to cope with. Nothing that you can get over with. Kinda like sitting someplace and all the sudden you click on a memory that sets yourself on edge. Takes a few moments to figure out why you are so mad right then. Memorys suck...

I have a very good memory and I am glad of it.
The best you can hope for is joyous participation in the sorrows of the world.

My main problem with drinking is basically liver and brain damage. I hate the idea of getting old and I hate even more the idea of doing certain things that would accelerate the process.

Last edited:
You might not have to worry. My cousin died at 35 to cirrhosis of the liver. He didn't need to worry about getting old at all.

Back
Top Bottom