The Official Ranting Thread

rakedog

Fully Optimized
Okay, I've decided to make a thread where people can pour their anger into, and their frusterations. Try to be nice to everyone, and try to rant about things, not other members on this forum. You can use lauguage, but *try* to keep it humane.

I'll start, because my day isn't that good:

<rant>

I got my new box together last month... it was a great build, awesome specs (1 gig ram, 3200+ AMD64, Asus Mobo, 320 gigs of hard drive space), and I planned to use it as a server, but my brother, who controls the internet in our house, said that I can't have heavy internet traffic to my computer. So now I'm like... what the fuck? I just built this new box, and now it's just useless. But that's not all. When I was buying parts, my brother said that he would take care of the hard drives and the video card. He basically ordered two SATA drives, and used some crappy ancient PCI video card. So obviouly, like no operating system recognized SATA nativly. So for both windows, slackware, and a number of other linux distros, I had to get friggin drivers and modded kernels to make it work. That took so much time, but THEN, after I installed my favorite OS, Slackware, I figured out that my Video card wasn't nativly recognized. GRRR. So I figure I have to install drivers for the card. But when I tell it to install drivers, it says it needs to download them from the nvidia FTP. BUT LINUX WON'T FUCKING RECOGNIZE MY NETWORK CARD. So out of last hope, I abbandon the whole idea, and decide to check out gentoo. But now, installing gentoo involes reading like countless pages of installation guide. Stupid piece of shit computer.

Oh and, my parents told me I should go to the science fair, and I'm like, sure, sounds awesome. But then, my dad tells me like this complicated Java project that I should do. I can't really say no, he's put a lot of work in it, but now my mom is yelling at me because I'm not working hard enough... well DUH, you guys made me do this project, and I find it boring, what the fuck do you expect?

</rant>

There we go :)

lol yea he does...i'd rant on for no reason but only thing i have to be pissed about is having to wait about another month to get my fudging AMD 3500+ and my MSI neo 4 platinum mobo

oh yea 2x6600gt's!!!!!! i hope to get a bench of 13,000 in 3dmark03 with no overclocking...hopefully close to it at least

lol to the cough thing!!!!

It is true i want more posts!!!

heres another one yay!!!

[Dennis Miller Live]
Dennis Miller: I don't want to go on a Rant here - but America's Forieng Policy makes about as much sense as Beowulf having sex with Robert Falkan at the first battle of Antedum. I mean when a Neo-Conservative defenostrates its like rescalnacov filabuster diaxymonohydroxinate.
Peter: What the hell does Rant mean?

Back
Top Bottom