Offered a Geeksquad job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on the job, too bad it's geek squad though. I've seen them eff things up majorly. On my friends house (this was before I got decent at networking) his family had geeksquad come over and put a wireless printer onto their exisiting network. The dummy installed a new wireless driver on my friends computer for a card that wasn't there! His old card was still installed, and still working. The problem, the new drivers blue-screened the system at startup, and the guy left it like that. Real professional...

Congrats on the job, too bad it's geek squad though. I've seen them eff things up majorly. On my friends house (this was before I got decent at networking) his family had geeksquad come over and put a wireless printer onto their exisiting network. The dummy installed a new wireless driver on my friends computer for a card that wasn't there! His old card was still installed, and still working. The problem, the new drivers blue-screened the system at startup, and the guy left it like that. Real professional...

You know why that is tho , its cos they think the setup process is the same on every single machine you go to , from my experience every computer is different , users have different setting so you have to take this into consideration before adding or removing anything from the system

i think geek squad lies because they get commision so they say w/e they have to say to make the sell.the mighty green doller speaks

yeah, geek squad sucks ($70 to copy and paste, setup widgets and change the friggen background!!!) but if ou take the job, then you might give them a kinda good name. remember, just always say 'ask for bahawof'

That'd be nice if I changed the entire reputation of Geeksquad.. :p

Do Geeksquad employees really make a commission of each sale?

That'd be nice if I changed the entire reputation of Geeksquad.. :p

Do Geeksquad employees really make a commission of each sale?

I believe so, but I haven't seen proof. I know I don't get commission, so I like to help out the nice customers with discounts.

And Muz is right, every computer is different. Even if the parts are exactly the same, the way they behave isn't. That is something that geeksquad tends to over-look.

I believe so, but I haven't seen proof. I know I don't get commission, so I like to help out the nice customers with discounts.

And Muz is right, every computer is different. Even if the parts are exactly the same, the way they behave isn't. That is something that geeksquad tends to over-look.

Yeah say i built exactly the same rig as yours they would both still behave differently depending on how i configured mine and you configured yours , of course overclckability may be different

Yeah say i built exactly the same rig as yours they would both still behave differently depending on how i configured mine and you configured yours , of course overclckability may be different

Even if we configured ours the same, yours could be better at OC'ing than mine. Just more proof that no two comptuers are alike. Good example. I like the way you think :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom