nvidia...

I suppose I went a step higher than just the cost of building a computer. But I see your angle as well.

i doubt Nvidia will go away, doubt it.

but um sure if they did, there probably is another company waiting in the wings to take on ATI.

Sorry, but I only take Intel procs seriously. Especially after seeing their onboards. GMA3100, etc.

The rise of AMD again! :D

Sad that nVidia is just doing this to keep everybody on edge.

Wish they would just hurry up and drop the GT300; I want a 295 :p.
I'm sure they will come through with it, but not until after ATi releases the 5870x2 or the 5890. Nvidia wants to ice their cakes, no doubt.

Yes. That is called monopoly.

yeah it is. But the nice thing about it? ATI will not suffer any reprocussions for monopoly and anti-trust laws. Simply because another business failing to run their business successfully has no legal matters with ATI. So ATI gets more economic power, with out any legal issues. If I were ATI, I would be eyeing the stock of NVidia. Once they get low enough, buy all the shares and own the company. You get economic power AND additional assets AND more stock holders equity, which will in turn increase ATI's stock prices and will in turn cause more people invest in ATI which will in turn cause the high ups to make even more money... Can you say externalities?

Back
Top Bottom