Notice

David Lindon

Golden Master
Following further reports of installers, I'm going to run some intesive virus scans on the server.

Again, I ask those who experience such propts, please list the ad that is shown on that page (top and bottom) and any popups etc you may experience.

You can post the ad url if you right click and look for img source, for example:

sz=468x60B

Well ... all i know is that most of the installer.exe sources are directly from qoolaid.com, to be honest, the website seems like the type of sites with adware and spyware ...
And hopefully you don't find anything hiding in your servers ... by the way, just interested, but what kind of security is surrounding the webservers which will protect it from possible intrusions from viruses and so on ?

Why don't you check the advertisement HTML for spyware links? And yeah, I've been getting requests to install an ActiveX control a lot lately on the forum. I'm pretty sure it's the ads. Fortunately, IE has been blocking it.

There is no links in the html, it must be coming from teh ads but its hard to find out which one.

Its weird that some people have and some people haven't though, like me. Surely, even if our software was up to date, we'd know if it was blocking something, and I haven't had anything like that... hmm...pretty weird. Best to do checks though of course.

It's been happening to me on my home computer, but when I'm browsing in one of Purdue's computer labs, I get nothing like that.

EDIT> Haha, as soon as I posted this (from one of the Purdue computers), I got a virus notice, and Internet Explorer shut off. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what ad it was.

Ok, I'm going to have a go using IE on this site to see what happens. My security is set to high but well see if anything goes dowm

Back
Top Bottom