Northern California wildfires!!!

Fanatic4Christ

Daemon Poster
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/06/28/wildfires.ap/index.html
man o man o man it is so foggy outside with smoke, you cant really smell it but everyone drives with there lights on at all times, says something like there's firefighters from 41 states!!

"More than 15,000 firefighters, 1,000 fire engines and more than 80 helicopters and aircraft were fighting more than 1,000 fires Saturday," said Ruben Grijalva

i hope we get rain soon they said that the fire is 3% in containment... so yeah i hope they hurry up and go away! we needa get as much rain as central USA is getting to put these out lol

o yeah and the air pollution is 2 to 10 times worse(depending on where you live) than livable conditions or something like that.

Yea, it sucks. My eyes have been burning since the damn things started. It sucks living downwind of some 300 or so fires.

yeah that sucks your like 200 miles or so above me, im in between stockton and fresno so just about then middle but still northern =(

Honestly, when the media reports a fire is 3% or even 90% contained it doesn't mean all that much, it only means they've scratched a line around it with a bull dozer (whose blade may be 5-6 foot wide), so a fire that is really, or even somewhat big could jump that line in no time.

My dad fought wildfires like these with the forest service out west for 15 years in places like Idaho, Utah, Montana, Nevada etc and he's told me of what it's like out there, of how they've used interstates in Florida as firebreaks but one particularly bad fire jumped it as if it wasn't even there. And how if the fire is really big, just how little there is firefighters can do to stop them, short of just trying to keep houses from burning up there isn't much you can do to stop or put a fire out, it just has to burn itself out or be rained out.

I hope it gets rained and put out quickly, positive thoughts from my end! Big fires like that are scary!! Pretty hot weather we have been having in BC lately and we have lots of forest. Don't want another scenario like a few years ago to happen again.

we have a fire in northern arizona too. my dad says when he woke up the other day his work truck (huge white moving truck) was covered in ashes.

Back
Top Bottom