Be nice.. but i bought a dell.. Ahh...!!!

alvino said:
Not bad...although the price to performance ratio isn't that much of a difference, so either way, it wouldn't really matter if Arrizx went with Dell or made your computer.

Are you kidding? I bought that stuff one whole year ago. Arrizx is paying 100 dollars more for a system that is as fast as a year old computer. Those prices were last year's prices. I'm sure many of the prices to those parts are much much cheaper now. That would set the year old computer back 100 or 150 bucks. That's a HUGE difference!

Quinton McLeod said:

Are you kidding? I bought that stuff one whole year ago. Arrizx is paying 100 dollars more for a system that is as fast as a year old computer. Those prices were last year's prices. I'm sure many of the prices to those parts are much much cheaper now. That would set the year old computer back 100 or 150 bucks. That's a HUGE difference!

Honestly, I'd like to see u make a computer with those specs for $400 including shipping.

The prices most likely have come down for like the ram and the monitor, but most of the stuff is going to cost about the same.

Quinton McLeod said:

You guys really don't believe me, huh?

Alright... This is what I bought from Newegg.com

A Powmax black ATX Case including 400 watt PSU (holiday special) $20.00

80 Gig 8mb cache Barracuda Seagate Harddrive $55.00

AMD Sempron 2200+ $67.00

512 Megs 333mhz Offbrand ram $50.00

ASrock MATX Motherboard with 5.1 surround sound integrated sound
and integrated 10/100 LAN and integrated graphics - $40.00

Liteon DVD ROM 16x - $40.00

Liteon CD-Burner 52x - $25.00

Blue Keyboard/Mouse set - $12.00

So far -- 309.00

5.1 Surround Sound speakers - $55.00

Sony IDE Floppy Disk drive - $9.00

Zalman CNPS2500 (I believe) %100 Copper Flower Heatsink with 92MM fan - $21.00

Blue UV Reactive Dragon Fan Plate - $9.00

So far -- $403.00

Phillips 107E66 17 inch black Monitor - $117.00

That totals to $520.00

Lets add shipping... That would be about 30 bucks worth of shipping soo....
$550.00

That's a complete system... And I bought that a year ago when the Semprons first came out... If I were to build another budget PC this year, I could definately get a better system for a 100 bucks more than I paid last year.

The black stuff isn't good or is becoming aoutdated. You may have a PC inder $600, but the stuff ain't good in it

Opposed, his PC contains much more better stuff than yours and his 5.1 speaker set must PWN yours

mark thorpe said:
nice comp arrizx, i hope your dad likes it... pretty good specs :)

Yeah, he will thanks. Compared to his old one:
1.5ghz pent4
256mb ram
integrated 16bit ati
40gb hard drive...5400rpm

And also, hes not exactly the smartest person around a computer, so hes going to love it.. So its gonna be all good.

stop argueing guys... lol, season of good will and all that... (i dont wanna have to lock the thread... calm it...)

Lol, thanks for not locking it..

athlon64fx said:
burn you for getting a dell. BURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

Why? Dell is cleaning up now and their desktops actually look nice compared to the grey and black crap they had a year ago. I especially like their notebooks. The Inspiron 9300 is very, very nice.

Back
Top Bottom