The New what did you get for christmas???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to buy myself a new MP3 player after my other one smashed on floor :(

Only trouble is, all MP3 player manufacturers seem to be going wrong way, and care more about everything else except sound quality.

For instance, I had the new Sony one for 2 hours (the A3000 - 20gig), and took it back.

I wasn't just happy with the damn equaliser, and it wouldn't go loud enough! I need bass options to be satisfied. Otherwise, your not getting the full range on your headphones. The equaliser just couldn't cut it.

My older player you see had a wide range of bass features, but I don't want to get the same one.

IAUDIO M3L (35 hour battery life)

I guess I could get the X5, but there were a few niggles that are the same... like playlists, and some sound selection problems...

CHRISTMAS ----------------

Anyway, I got Animusic 2 (Its great. Computer Animated Music)
www.animusic.com

Best prezzie I got!

Then theres the Jeremy Clarkson Heaven and Hell which was alright.
Plus the boxset of the full "Some Mothers Do Ave Em" :D

Oh, and lil extras, and of course chocci and money :p

CONCLUSION ------------------

So if anyone can think of a great MP3 player that can hold 20gig+, and has a wide range of sound features (Not just an equaliser), tell me please :)

This includes the new Creative Players (Only contain equalisers now), gone wayy down hill in my opinion, as they used to have loads of sound features. Sony have too. They used to have Bass boosts, etc.. :(

Kage said:
So if anyone can think of a great MP3 player that can hold 20gig+, and has a wide range of sound features (Not just an equaliser), tell me please :)

This includes the new Creative Players (Only contain equalisers now), gone wayy down hill in my opinion, as they used to have loads of sound features. Sony have too. They used to have Bass boosts, etc.. :(

well pyou've exausted all the stable brands and ipod is not an option since they are instable players and targeted at hip n00b teens not tech wizards. Hell I saw a little girl today (11) think it was too n00bish!

plus they are hard to use on the go.

maybe you can go with Rio Carbon or Archos? Rios are pretty good, just hard to find in my area. the only palce that has them is the SouthPoint mall here and I almost got it but it was 150 a little out of my range but 89 after rebate which we did not have 250 to spend at the time with buying game for adam, and food for the week.

and besdes we ended up at cary town center mall instead becuase southpoint dont ahve radio shack and radio shack was the one with the creative player, but they didnt have it so we went to sears and they did, so it was wierd, but erleir I looked at FYE's website for the rio carbon and it wasnt there! I was mad since I knew I saw it at SP mall but I wasnt sure if it would be there. so I was like, OMG I saw it again! oh well the sony has better battery life and has mroe features with audio files, and can run on AAA batteries so no need for recharging! I hate it anywaz since its hard to find a USB to charge it and not everyone has ports in thier cars to charge it ona long trip. that's why I wish player companies would make them have rechargable AAA batteries! A compromize of both! why not do that!?

Plus my sony player takes up less real estate then my small mototrola flip phone (not RAZR)!!!! Hell it fits in my mini capri's pocket which is just enough for a small makeup compact and it is as wide as the plug+cover on my headphones and I can hide it under one of teh driver units too! He he! the carbon was pretty big and would not easily fit in my pocket and size was very important to me.

Kage... id go with an archos, they look great... their pretty expensive, but with the screen that theyve got, and the ability to play basiclly everything, id say taht their well worth getting. being able to record straight off tv too, thats gotta be good...
i was considering one of these for a while, seen as i have 5 hours of bus journeys a day when im at college, but hopefully ill pass my driving test soon, and after i do that ill only be travelling for 1 1/2 hours a day to and back form college, and wont ust it...

(Archos) Problem is I've read a few reviews (newegg) and some people have reported hard drive failures after just 5 minutes of use!

too bad Rio isnt vary plentiful anymore.

rusbo.uk said:
No they are not! Theyre the best! People buy them for that reason, it is definatly the best sales tgechnique, making them good looking, also they are so easy to use with the convenient wheel and iTunes is an amazing program!

Uhh...no. Pretty much everyone I know who has an iPod doesn't even know anything about it except the fact that it's a MP3 player. They don't even know what format it uses or how some of their money goes to Creative since they patented the rights to the UI. All they care about is that it looks cool and they pay big bucks for something they could get for a cheaper price. Oh btw, the British Chiropractic Association announced that using the iPod in one hand while using your thumb to change songs can result in hand pain.

The Curse of the iPod Finger said:
First it was texter's thumb, closely followed by Blackberry cramp. Now experts are warning of the latest hitech ailment... iPod finger.

They say owners of the digital music player run the risk of permanent hand damage by changing songs too often using the iPod's central "click-wheel" control.

"This is a really serious problem," said Carl Irwin of the British Chiropractic Association. "The action needed to move the wheel on an iPod is totally unnatural and effectively separates the joint in the thumb every time you use it. This causes inflammation in the thumb or fingers and can be very painful. We have also seen cases of iPod users where the problem has spread to their elbow and neck.

"Once you have problems with the thumb or fingers, the whole of your posture can be affected."

Only a few cases have been reported in his Ealing practice so far, but Mr Irwin expects a lot more as users realise their discomfort is not going away. "In the next six months I expect to see a big rise in the number of people with RSI like symptoms from using these gadgets," he said. "The condition can be extremely painful."

Mr Irwin said he is particularly worried about children using iPods for long periods, as their joints are still growing and extended usage could cause "problems they will not see until early adulthood". He called for Apple and other manufacturers of MP3 players to take RSI into account when designing devices.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/londoncuts/articles/20898511?source=Evening Standard

athlon64fx said:
(Archos) Problem is I've read a few reviews (newegg) and some people have reported hard drive failures after just 5 minutes of use!

too bad Rio isnt vary plentiful anymore.

Archos isn't that bad...they're too expensive for what they offer, but the quality is pretty good.

Yeah, it's sad how Rio quit the MP3 business...the competition from Apple and Creative were just too much and they were losing money, so I can kinda understand why...

wow I didnt know bout teh creatvie thing! ha ha ha! apple cant even do thier own thign now they have to use someone elses interfce? ha!

and the "finger" thing is bad I know I felt a lil odd using it too. I did hear my finger actually crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom