New Website?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hey,

Well I wasn't too sure whether to post this in the Web Design forum or not, mods can move it if i'm wrong..

Basically, my family is part of a sporting organization (Korfball) and I have designed a website for the club, to promote it and to offer ladders/fixtures/news etc. It's only just been uploaded, and Google has picked it up, but it only shows up when I type in BMMKA (name of the committee), I want it to show up when you type in Korfball Victoria or something similar, any ways to help with that?? Also, i'd like your opinions on the layout/design of the site, and constructive criticism is welcome (remember it's only new and still in design)!

http://www.bmmka.org.au

Thanks guys!

Matt

add korfball to your meta tags

Apparently meta tags got abused by search engines and so most of the popular ones don't use them to index their searches anymore, so although i've added them, it's pretty pointless. Thanks though!

You'll probably have to pay Google to get your website listed if they're not picking up the meta tags. I was taught in my web design classes that search engines use the meta tags, but if the engine finds misleading tags the site is blacklisted.

You'll probably have to pay Google to get your website listed if they're not picking up the meta tags. I was taught in my web design classes that search engines use the meta tags, but if the engine finds misleading tags the site is blacklisted.
Search Engines, AFAIK Used to do that. Larger ones may still take that into consideration, but I think they now look at the actual content of the site, not what the Designer TOLD the Search engine what the content of the site was... If you see what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom