New Video Camera

ssc456

Fully Optimized
alright going florida in a few weeks and i want a video camera to take wiv me.

and quiet frankly i know absolutely nothing about video cameras lol

heres the one im looking at http://www.littlewoodsdirect.com/rf...PM15819&groupId=411745812&productId=390934512

and well the first thing id like to ask is whats the best format nowadays like straight to dvd 1's like above u get hardrive 1's and DVD RAM and loads of diff 1's lol and i have no idea.

all i know is that i just want a cheapish video camera that will look half decent on a tv screen when i put them on dvd if i dont buy a straight to dvd 1.

also im in uk if that cam above is not a good 1 then could you reccomend 1 ?
the reason i picked that 1 is that its from littlewoods and my dads got a account with them and he has built up credit of 300 ish it could be from currys or comet or something.

so please help me guys.
like i said i just want something that will go on my tv screen and not look like its taken from a mobile phone camera lol.

If you want better quality for editing, get MiniDV format. If you want to record straight to DVD with no edits whatsoever, get a DVD camcorder. I don't recommend HDD camcorders at this time, they don't seem to have any benefit at all since you have to backup all the original video on a hard drive, and a hard drive may fail and you will lose all you video. Plus the cost to quality ratio just doesn't work for me.

i personally love my hd camcorder its the bomb!!Haven't used it for much just took it to a couple of party's and got some girl on girl action and some other dirty little things but the footage looks like I'm still right there!ssc456 what part of Florida you coming to??? if you come to central Florida i recommend you go to the millennium mall its kind of close to Disney nice nice mall.also go to bush gardens its in Tampa!! shekria has no floor alot of fun i have a 2 year pass and I'm kind of sick of it at the moment but if your from UK you have to go to bush gardens!And if you need a gaming fix the west oaks mall which is a little east of Orlando its off of highway 50 has a gaming center there its like 5 bucks a hour but they have super fast connection..any game you want to play they got they have a ps3,x box 360 and a wii.the x box 360 is on a 105 inch screen its a projection but still nice!ummm if you tell me where you going i can recommend places!

i personally love my hd camcorder its the bomb!!Haven't used it for much just took it to a couple of party's and got some girl on girl action and some other dirty little things but the footage looks like I'm still right there!

Yeah, sure. :rolleyes:

If you want better quality for editing, get MiniDV format. If you want to record straight to DVD with no edits whatsoever, get a DVD camcorder. I don't recommend HDD camcorders at this time, they don't seem to have any benefit at all since you have to backup all the original video on a hard drive, and a hard drive may fail and you will lose all you video. Plus the cost to quality ratio just doesn't work for me.

I'll go with his post. DVD camcorders compress the video onto a DVD disk, which can reduce quality. You're also reduced to a shorter video time compared with MiniDV.

I've also found MiniDV camcorders good for themepark use, if you want to take your camera on coasters. They're very shock resistant.

get a namebrand mini dv its the best even if youre editing on the comp
dont go cheap nobrand because it lags so bad and breaks and falls apart

right so im looking for a cheap but branded mini dv camcorder ummmmm

now this is just pretty ramdom but how bout this 1

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/sto...dgmi.0&page=Product&sku=886735&fm=9&sm=1&tm=0

jus from quick look at it i c its got a still photo feature .... umm its got some kinda zoom lol a LCD screen.
And i dont think you can go wrong wiv sony ........ can ya lol

but ... .only 6 mins per tape http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/sto...fm=9&sm=1&tm=2&sku=872331&category_oid=-31065

and @ sek3o1 im going to orlando staying on international drive jus down the road from MC D's :) but yh im going wiv my girlfriends family they bin like 3 times already this is my first time. i was a little hesistant at first like ummm disney land im not 5 lol but i keep being ensured thats its not just for little kids.

but yh ill be going there soon and i got the 5 park orlando flexi- ticket and the disney multi ticket . which im pretty sure is every theme park in florida lol. well maybe not but off the top of my head were going to.
Busch gardens
universla studios
MGM studios
disney
animal kingdom
epcot
wet n wild
sea world
islands of adventure
typhhon lagoon
blizzard beach

and thats all i can memba the mo think theres more but cnt think at mo and we got them tickets ova 14 days so we can come and go into each park any time we want which is kinda kool.

Personally, I'd probably go for a Hard Drive camcorder.

DV I find to be too slow, etc and you have to capture all the way through.

I believe that if you get a hard drive one, you can record for hours on end (no need for tapes of course) and it'll probably save separate files, etc when you stop the cam, so connecting it to a PC and transferring to edit should be a very straight forward process.

I hope this helps.

Personally, I'd probably go for a Hard Drive camcorder.

DV I find to be too slow, etc and you have to capture all the way through.

I believe that if you get a hard drive one, you can record for hours on end (no need for tapes of course) and it'll probably save separate files, etc when you stop the cam, so connecting it to a PC and transferring to edit should be a very straight forward process.

I hope this helps.

Cost is the main factor towards HD camcorders. If you decide to go budget, your video time relies entirely on the HD space, where as you can simply switch tapes with MiniDV.

Plus, all those videos will add up on your HD. You could be adding 30 GB everytime you transfer video from your camera to your computer.

True, but I doubt you'd use up 300 odd hours of footage depending on the hard drive size on one holiday (least I wouldn't)

I don't know, I just think DV's very oldfashioned in the way it works, even if it is digital. A lot of problems have arisen on tapes a mate has recorded on while capturing.

Back
Top Bottom