New toy (Telescope)

blackjack

Fully Optimized
Ive just bought a spotting scope from Aldi and at a bargain price £24.99 these things are normally £90-300 it has a good zoom spec, I cant wait to test it when I'm out bird watching or on the cliffs looking out to sea, It fits onto my cameras tripod and I have set it up in the top bedroom tonight to have a star gaze, all I need now is a clear night, fingers crossed, heres what I got
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2867_5041.htm

Ive just bought a spotting scope from Aldi and at a bargain price £24.99 these things are normally £90-300 it has a good zoom spec, I cant wait to test it when I'm out bird watching or on the cliffs looking out to sea, It fits onto my cameras tripod and I have set it up in the top bedroom tonight to have a star gaze, all I need now is a clear night, fingers crossed, heres what I got

I don't really understand what you are supposed to see when you star gaze...

I mean... they are millions of light years away, isn't what you see through the lens just a bright dot?

But it does sound fun, I'm definitely going to be getting one of these when I move to Colorado when I'm living up in the mountains ^_^

i got a pretty powerful telescope
i pointed it to Jupiter and u could see it spinning and every thing
it was so cool....

you know wot ive always wondered ?

if you had a telescope and say you went in an aeroplane, could you see my house lol clearly, or my street ?

also if you had miles and miles of clear landscape view. could you use a telescope like very powerful binoculars,

you know wot ive always wondered ?

if you had a telescope and say you went in an aeroplane, could you see my house lol clearly, or my street ?

also if you had miles and miles of clear landscape view. could you use a telescope like very powerful binoculars,

You'd be moving too fast to find it and there would be too many clouds to see your house, hehe.

Theres a really cool telescope i'm saving up for that takes you on a tour of the cosmos. It knows the locations of the planets and stars, and which ones should be viewable from where at what times. And you just select what you want to look at it, and it points itself. I'm pretty sure thats how it works. I think it is called the Celestron Nexstar or something. Anyways have fun with your new telescope!

Nice! You should use it to peer into the hot neighbor girl's bedroom window...:D

There was an old sitcome on that was about a guy that lived at the base of the mountain the Palomar telescope is on. Every once in a while he would look out the window and yell "Point that thing at the sky". Johnathan Winters I think it was played the guy.

I remember asking for a telescope when I was younger, can't seem to find it anymore, damn my attention span as a elementary schooler.

Back
Top Bottom