new stickshift driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?...did you just refer to us as "ass holes". I really hope a moderator flags u. Thats disrespectful imo.

Anyhow, at the OP.

If you want to learn standard, then like mentioned above, you need to have access to a standard car (duh). One thing I noticed, you can't just try it a couple days and think you know it or like it. You need to drive it for weeks preferably a month or longer before you really get the hang of it and experience all the different obstacles you'd encounter driving in the city etc.
Driving is key! As for getting a standard car...ask around, but a lot of people won't give up a standard car to someone learning...they worry about burned out clutches and screwing the transmission lol.

I was calling the Dealerships and rental ass holes for trying to promote automatics.

My brother used be a mechanic at a honda shop and he over heard a conversation with one of the sales man and a customer and ....

lady: "I love manuals, been driving them since my young days but I'm not sure"

sales: "Will you be letting anyone else drive it?"

lady: "Yes my son will be driving it a couple of times"

Sales: "You're better off getting a automatic because a manual will make your son rev it and hoon in and do burnouts"

Lady: "Yeah you are right, I'll choose a auto."

She walked in thinking about manual came out convinced to get a automatic.

And also Automatics cost more to buy then manuals when brand new so it is good for the salesman.

I was calling the Dealerships and rental ass holes for trying to promote automatics.

My brother used be a mechanic at a honda shop and he over heard a conversation with one of the sales man and a customer and ....

Sales: "You're better off getting a automatic because a manual will make your son rev it and hoon in and do burnouts"

And also Automatics cost more to buy then manuals when brand new so it is good for the salesman.

That sounds made up. No sale person can legally do that. How about you give me the name of the dealership with the name of the sales person and I'll give them a call.

This might sound stupid, but go to an arcade or find a nice driving sim with a good racing wheel set. That's how I learned, haha.

when i was searching for a truck, i couldnt even find a manual tranny. it was restarted.
also, manuals and autos dont cost much different these days.

i was wondering where can i get a stick shift car to learn how to drive it because i am planning on buying a stick shift for my first car and my friends also dont have stick shift
There is no place you can just "get" a car....you should know that. And what kind of places are you talking about? You already said your friends and family don't have any manual cars. Where else do you expect to "get" one from?

I guess you'll have to buy one.

Pretty self explanatory question if you ask me.

They actually cost less usually. Manual transmission only come with the performance versions of cars in America now. They produce less of them, so they are more expensive. And they get lower MPG since they are more performance oriented than the Auto version for the car.

And I guess, about getting a car, if you have some cash in your pocket, test drive the cars you plan on buying... Although most sellers might be annoyed if you have never driven stick before.

Manual transmissions get better gas mileage because they're easier to spin than automatics. Because of this a car with a manual transmission will usually make more WHP on the dyno compared to an identical version equipped with an automatic.

That sounds made up. No sale person can legally do that. How about you give me the name of the dealership with the name of the sales person and I'll give them a call.

This might sound stupid, but go to an arcade or find a nice driving sim with a good racing wheel set. That's how I learned, haha.

Well it happened, but you dont believe then that is ur problem

wait so, do you think companies that teach you how to drive would have an option for manual?
ie. companies who do the behind the wheel driving lessons for new drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom