New member here (Experinced network and PC Tech)

DJ-CHRIS1

Golden Master
I have just recently left www.tech-forums.net because their's alot of BS going on with the mod's, as well as the members are mainly people who should be riding the short bus. I was a fairly well known member with around 8000 posts.

First off I am 17 (Turn 18 in June), Male (Single, gay) , Hamilton, ON. I grade 12 in highschool but I am not graduating next year. I am a PC and Network Tech. I am server admin for a small network of Mac's in the schoolboard (12 mac's). I am also a network admin (I do not manage the directory unlike the other network) for a larger network of about 150 computers. For this I mainly deal with fixing computer hardware problems.

I can use alot of equipment and operating systems including any flavor of Windows, Mac OS X, Ubuntu, Mandrake / Mandriva and Cisco IOS. So I am knowledgable in running Cisco routers. Networking and servers is one of my larger area's of intrest and is an area I am knowledgable in.

A bit more about my personal life. I am a pretty social person who doesnt fit the sterotypical geek. I am very pro rights and anti-discrimination, expisally in the gay (And lesbian, transgender, bisexual) rights area. I am an active person who's very pysically fit and good looking :) I also am a DJ and I spin primarly Trance. I also love bike riding.

Here's some pics of me, this isnt a great pic but one of the only recent ones where I have all my clothes on :p (They are still legal pics though, just I think it's more approperiate for me to be wearing a shirt for my inderductory post.)

And here's some pics of some of my equipment that I OWN.

In the network pic we have
-Cisco 831 Router running 12.2 I OS
-Wireless access points, switches, hubs, modems
-A server running Active Directory and DNS
-A client running windows 2000 in a test enviroment

In my other pic you can see my PC

I run an AMD Athlon64 3400+ SKT 939 (Yes, this processor exists), MSI K8N Neo4f, eVGA 6800GS, 2x 512 meg sticks of ram (elexir), 200 and 40 gig WD hard drives and an M-Audio Audiophile 2496

Welcome man, yeah I have the 3400 but its the 7socket one not the 9.

Dev0115 said:
Welcome man, yeah I have the 3400 but its the 7socket one not the 9.

The socket 939 were produced in very limited quantity's and the only socket 939 processor to have a 1600mhz Hypertransport. All other 939 procssors have a 2000mhz Hypertransport.

In everything except the Hypertransport, the 3500+ 939 and 3400+ 939 are identical.

Yeah, CF is a great forum. There are threads on pretty much every subject, and the people here are very friendly.

PerfectSK said:
Yeah, CF is a great forum. There are threads on pretty much every subject, and the people here are very friendly.

you bet!

welcome to the forums Chris!

Back
Top Bottom