New AIM virus........

Starr

Daemon Poster
There is a new AIM virus out. If you recieve a message with a link and it is along the lines of, "Check out this cool video" or "Doesn't this picture look like me." The links maybe familiar such as ebaumsworld. If you hover your mouse over the link you will notice that the url that appears is strange or is an IP address. (ex. xx.xxx.xxx.xx). Do not click this link. It will direct you to a web page that may tell you to download something. DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT. It is a worm. If the link is sent from someone you trust it doesn't matter. They have no control over it. Your anti-virus will not protect you because none of them have IM filters.

For more information read here:

http://www.fool.com/News/mft/2005/mft05061619.htm

Yea, a lot of you already know this. It is written to explain it to non-computer savvy people (aka most of my friends).

technoman said:
whats new there is a new one out every day .. thanks anyways

Yea, I know, but I noticed that this one is particularly successfull. It disguises itself as a link to ebaums world or other sites kids visit. And no kid (besides us) is going to check the actual link location. They just look at what it says, many times they on't even read that. If it came from someone they know they will click it untill their hearts content.

i was not saying don't post its just there are loads of them around .. anyways thanks i am going to update Norton now :)

Actually hat virus has been around for a little already i remmeber one of my buddys having it over a year ago :(

It is a remake I believe. I see it every where now....... I think that it is a more effective version.

People I work with always manage to open up at least one virus a year. One said "Cute pictures of my children - click here" - VOOOSH!!! Oh well.

Thanks for the warning! Keep them coming when you hear! :)

Back
Top Bottom