nerd ftw?

yeah usually. or you can end up like my friend because hes a little lazy

smart as hell and he has the qualifications, but he'd rather just sit home playing WoW. ^_^

his girlfriend managed to get him into gear to go to college to study electrical installation though.

too many people got the brains but not enough use 'em.

and the ones with no hope and no brains, are called 'Chavs' in england ^_^

Here nerds are kids with social life and the brains. You know, the kids with friends, that just kinda chill out, but are packing some muscle up there.
A nerd is someone with no life, brains, but weird. We say it in a different tone of voice though.
Like you can tell.

lol i just noticed today (slow i know) that apparently being a 'nerd' or 'geek' is unanymously a bad thing (apparently). i very much disagree with this. IF you've ever heard the Weird al yankovic song 'white and nerdy' you know what im talking about ^_^. that song basically sums me up...other than the bubblewrap thing :eek: :confused:

but, do you think being a 'nerd' is a bad thing? or the contrary?

White and nerd is such a funny spoof!

If one is smart and has a social life: Nerd.
If one is smart but does not have social life: Geek.

I guess it does really depend where you are - here it's the complete opposite!

Actually from where I am from in NY, most people think highly of nerds.
The "bad" term would be Geek here.
If one is smart and has a social life: Nerd.
If one is smart but does not have social life: Geek.

BTW Superman, Intellectual Badass xD HA! I'm so stealing that :D

oposite here, geek is someone who knows a lot about computers, has a social life and just general

nerd means, has no life, only does computers and doesnt care about social life

but non are meant in a bad way, onyl if the person specifiaclly uses it as an insult which doesnt happen that much - if you know alot about comps here, its actually a good thing and you can show off to peopel :D XD maybe its because msot people in my town are stupid, ugly and dont know anyting

The way I have always heard it is the nerd is the type of person who sits in his moms basement playing WoW, while the geek is the type of person who wants to learn everything.

We prefer the term Intellectual Badass.
WIN!!!

Me chilling with Richard M. Stallman, the ultimate geek.

25722_388733241287_666176287_4560112_5343224_n.jpg

I'd categorize myself as a geek. I have a social life, and yet like to learn new things, and I wouldn't call myself daft, yet I'm into things that people would consider different.

I don't see how people cope without a social life. I get thoroughly depressed if I'm on my own all the time, but also need a lot of alone time as well, away from people.

Back
Top Bottom