Need some help

TyLawrence

Baseband Member
Ok here is the deal. My nephew wants to me to fix his laptop. He has Norton security on it and he wants Mcavee. Well this is what he did on his own

He went to Program files and found Norton and deleted it my shift+delete, so its not there anymore, and when I try to do a system restore it wasnt set up so i can go back. So does anyone have any idea how i can delete Norton and install Mcvaee

this belongs in the software section, but I think you have to install norton's then remove it properly through add remove programs, then you can install Mcafee, but im not sure, I personally wouldn't use either.

Go to Norton's website. I think they have a removal tool that will remove all things relating to Norton. keywords: 'i think'

I'd say just install norton or 'repair' it to get everything back, you'll want to do a complete install or you might end up in the middle of bad registry. I personally wouldn't go McAfee way, i've limited knowledge on the anti-virus front but my experience with both Norton and McAfee was nasty. Once you've fully un-installed Norton go have a word in the software section they'll advise you a lot better than i can

Back
Top Bottom