Need help from all the car people on here.

rohan23

Fully Optimized
I went to the dealership to look at cars. My credit ended up being A LOT better than anyone anticipated and I am getting some pretty sick deals. I have three cars within my budget and liking. What would you guys choose between these 4?

2008 Mustang
2008 Ford Mustang Convertible | 10995A | Used Cars Seaford - Used Vehicles Seaford, Delaware | Used Car

It has been driven a good bit in the last couple of years but it seemed solid when I took it for a test drive. It has upgraded interior and sound system which would save me money and time installing sound stuff myself. I talked the guys down to roughly $12,000 on this one.

2003 Mustang
2003 Ford Mustang Convertible | P8566 | Used Cars Seaford - Used Vehicles Seaford, Delaware | Used Car
A good amount of miles on here. I talked the people down to $7,000. Again, it's sadly an automatic. This is the only car I can afford to fully pay off at once. How long do Ford cars usually last?

2008 Ford Mustang
2007 Ford Mustang 2dr Car | 10933C | Used Cars Seaford - Used Vehicles Seaford, Delaware | Used Car
Only really considering this because it's a manual and comparable to the 2008 above.

2006 Eclipse
2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Car | P8280A | Used Cars Seaford - Used Vehicles Seaford, Delaware | Used Car
I really want to convince myself to get this. I heard parts are a bit more expensive over Ford parts.

Any opinions?

My sister has a 2003 Mustang convertible, same engine and all. It's an amazing car and so far has lasted us a year with no problems at all.

Ford trucks truly are designed to last forever - at least the older models were. I have a friend who has a 98 F-150 with over 320,000 miles on it and it still runs and looks brand new. My '99 had 103K on it, then it went headfirst into a concrete barrier, so that one obviously didn't hit the "forever" mark...

I'm not sure about the cars, but I'd expect them to have the same reliability.

I'm sensing the fact that you are a manual transmission enthusiast such as myself. Having said that, go with either the Mitsubishi or the '07 Mustang.

I'd go with the '07 Mustang. Fords are easy to tune, work on, etc... Every car mechanic and their brother knows how to work on a Ford. Even the old man in the house next door could probably fix a Ford for you. The Mitsubishi is still a good option, but be aware that you'd probably have to do everything on that one yourself. Foreign parts are expensive, and to make matters worse, (in my area for example) most of the car mechanics can't even pronounce Mitsubishi.

You aren't looking at V8 stangs are you? There really isn't much difference in MPG. But there is a big difference in fun factor. Ford's V6s are terrible until 2011. Plus you'll be thought of as a girly man by all V8 Mustang owners, lol. The 4.6L is a fairly good engine, it's not real powerful. You might want to look into an LS1 camaro. Can get an 02ss for less than 10k, and they are great cars. Can't beat an LS1 for power, performance, and they are reliable.

You aren't looking at V8 stangs are you? There really isn't much difference in MPG. But there is a big difference in fun factor. Ford's V6s are terrible until 2011. Plus you'll be thought of as a girly man by all V8 Mustang owners, lol. The 4.6L is a fairly good engine, it's not real powerful. You might want to look into an LS1 camaro. Can get an 02ss for less than 10k, and they are great cars. Can't beat an LS1 for power, performance, and they are reliable.

I really don't need that extra power or "performance". I was looking for something with better gas mileage like a hybrid but the costs were way too high for me. The only GTs they have used are a lot more than I want to spend. My insurance quote on that 03 was only $75 a month. I would feel bad dropping $18,000 on a used Mustang. I would rather go the Lancer Evo or Subaru route if I wanted to spend that much. Camaros are nice but I am not a fan of the look. I don't really plan on putting any performance aftermarket parts that won't increase my MPG. All I absolutely have to do is install a better sound system but the 08 already has the Shaker 500 which is decent and the 03 comes with aftermarket Sony amps, Audiobhan subs and speakers which I believe are Xplodes. Would you go for the 03, Superman? It's the only car I can pay for completely which does lower insurance quite a bit.

I heard Sony Xplode stuff is meh, but I don't know much about car audio.

I'd probably go for the 03. Aftermarket parts generally do increase power and mpg since they are more efficient. If you can get a subaru for around the price, you may want to look into it. They are fun cars, especially if you get snow. The problem is, they are much more expensive to fix anything on them.

More expensive to fix because the parts need to be brought in from overseas.

it's the same here, drive a European car and you'll pay for parts shipping from Europe, but a Japanese car, and any parts that you want will be shipped from Japan.

you can get remade parts (of oem quality) that are a bit cheaper, but that tends to be for cars that are sold in much larger quantities. (e.g there is a viable market).

No V8 plus he's looking at convertibles
lolpoint.gif

Also, I checked out the Eclipse and $124/mo for $11,491..... WTF? Are you going to pay on it for the rest of your life?

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;1076503 said:
No V8 plus he's looking at convertibles
lolpoint.gif

Also, I checked out the Eclipse and $124/mo for $11,491..... WTF? Are you going to pay on it for the rest of your life?
haha, exactly. Verts get the women, but get the V8... they get the good woman, lol.

Yeah, in this market, they sell cars to anyone. Don't get suckered into buying a car that will take forever to pay back.

Back
Top Bottom