Named & Shamed

Brookfield said:
What alarms me, is the fact it was their first mission on active service, smacks of inadequate training that does, not the guy's fault, the report says that a very similar incident took place in 1992 in another war zone, so was that sloppy traing methods too?
apparently there was a breakdown in communications between the uk and the us army ,

Gung ho attitude, shoot first ask questions later, what i find more shocking is the US military's attempt to block everything.

muz379 said:
apparently there was a breakdown in communications between the uk and the us army ,
Not really, the Americans mistook our agreed orange identity markers that told them the tanks were allied forces, for weapons fire, would you believe!!, as the other member said, gung ho, they were gung ho in 'nam, they were gung ho in Korea, so why spoil the habit of a lifetime!

It was an accident and i know it doesnt make it right but i feel sorry for those pilots, they must feel pretty dam s--t., we are allies at the end of the day and should stick together(uk & america) dont punnish the pilots for lack of exsperience but let it be a lesson to the military system and hope it is never repeated, my heart goes out to the victims families.

Well, the U.S military intelligence covers up everything. From the little to the big, it tries to conceal anything. In a way I understand, I don't feel the public really has a right to know. Because the public just sits in the safety of their homes and bitches about it, as we all are doing right now, when the people over there experience harsh things and traumatizing events. We have no right to intrude upon someone's personal feelings, which is what this fucking news report is doing, and BTW Brookfield how dare you come in here and preach yet you're the one "naming and blaming" people. A big fat middle finger to you.

No one in here will ever understand what it's like to kill someone who's willing to go through hell and high heaven with you. The pilots have enough shit to deal with, screw the media and screw Brookfield for propagating this media. :mad:

Jenox said:
Well, the U.S military intelligence covers up everything. From the little to the big, it tries to conceal anything. In a way I understand, I don't feel the public really has a right to know. Because the public just sits in the safety of their homes and bitches about it, as we all are doing right now, when the people over there experience harsh things and traumatizing events. We have no right to intrude upon someone's personal feelings, which is what this fucking news report is doing, and BTW Brookfield how dare you come in here and preach yet you're the one "naming and blaming" people. A big fat middle finger to you.

No one in here will ever understand what it's like to kill someone who's willing to go through hell and high heaven with you. The pilots have enough shit to deal with, screw the media and screw Brookfield for propagating this media. :mad:

Agreed.

Do I think the pilots deserve to be punished? Yes, I do.

Do they deserve crap from the media and public for trying to do their jobs, jobs that others don't understand? No fcuking way.

Brookfield said:
The pilots & crews of the A10's who killed a British soldier have been "named & shamed", as the media put it, at first there was a news blackout, preventing them being named, but that was overturned, probably helped by comments from the dead soldier's widow, & a petition signed by thousands.
shit happens. im sure there is many accounts of piliots wrongly IDing convoys. but i dont know why its all over the news it happens all the time really, we just dont know about it. what i dont get is why they would release the names of the piliots serisouly now when there unit has gone to shame really.

alvino said:
Agreed.

Do I think the pilots deserve to be punished? Yes, I do.

Do they deserve crap from the media and public for trying to do their jobs, jobs that others don't understand? No fcuking way.
why should they be punished its not like they did it on purpose but if the media gives em crap then who ever does hasent been in uniform. obvisouly i havent but i know plenty of people who are and have been.

what are you supposed to do to them?

Brookfield said:
Not really, the Americans mistook our agreed orange identity markers that told them the tanks were allied forces, for weapons fire, would you believe!!, as the other member said, gung ho, they were gung ho in 'nam, they were gung ho in Korea, so why spoil the habit of a lifetime!

its easy for a syrian convoy to put up the orange markers on THERE trucks and transports. and besides i bet an american thunderbolt attacking an american convoy by accident wouldnt be such a big in britain. would it answer me honestly

Anubis1980 said:
Gung ho attitude, shoot first ask questions later, what i find more shocking is the US military's attempt to block everything.
it brings shame to the whole unit and in this case the whole USAF why do that when its just an accident. put your self in there shoes whould you want YOUR name being released to the press and you being cut down from the like a tree?

Brookfield said:
What alarms me, is the fact it was their first mission on active service, smacks of inadequate training that does, not the guy's fault, the report says that a very similar incident took place in 1992 in another war zone, so was that sloppy traing methods too?

it wasnt sloppy training its the fact that there very green. if your flying your first combat mission i bet the stress is ENOURMOUS i cant even imagine. i know you have been there RAF training do you feel thats inadequete? british and american training programs for the A-10 are basicly the same

rudster816 said:
why should they be punished its not like they did it on purpose but if the media gives em crap then who ever does hasent been in uniform. obvisouly i havent but i know plenty of people who are and have been.

what are you supposed to do to them?

Repremand them. A demotion or something. Just because they did it on accident doesn't make their actions right.

The only thing I hate is the media trying to ruin them because they don't understand the pressures that soldiers go through. The same goes with the public.

Back
Top Bottom