My new school

Um germany isn't a communist country guys. East germany was until 1989.BUt ever since After WW2 germany has been a democrazy. Between WW1, and WW2 germany was a democratic society.

lhuser said:
Are you in Germany permanatly? You're feeling OK in this world of Communism?

Communism is equality, so I know I'd feel comfortable. Was that a stab at German people? Anyways, I though communism was mostly a Russian thing. Now if you really wanted to take a stab, you'd say "Nazism" (if that's a word).

Distortion88 said:
Are you kidding me? Germany was a world power in the early 20th Century. They almost won the Second World War! It was more or less Germany against the world. Of course they suffered hardship upon the loss of WWI and WWII (considering what they were up against they did well) but they are still a very strong and well built country. Yet again they are gaining grounds in the political and economic world to compete with the world powers. So difficult history yes, sad? Not at all.

Sad, most definatly. You forget that once the Nazi's got into power and turned on the propagander machine, a lot of the German people left. In fear. And not just Jews. A lot of them left the totalarian dictator ship. And look at what the German people had to put up to live by. Wrecked biuldings and Cities, Internationaly heated/dispised by loads of countries, even today people still call them. Those inventions they created during the war too - the American, British and Russians all stole the research documents, copyrights and patents. Cold war era technology was based a lot on German research.

And you forget they had powerful allies. Russia until the end of capturing France. Italy with it's Mediterain fleet. Japan that was fighting Britain in the East. You forget, that Britain was also fighting on it's own until 1942 too. And Kudos, it was the Empire it lost during the war that saved it during that time. Fighting Italy in Africa, Japan in the East, Germany and Germany occupied France in Europe. Oh, and the Battle of Britain was won before 1942, when Hitler prosponed his invasion plans indefinatly for Britain. It wasn't until 1942 that America Helped and Russia started getting on it's own feet.

Don't get me wrong, Germany would never had been defeated without Amercan assistance. But nor would they have defeated Britain. The Russians deserve a lot of Kudos as well.

So yes, A hard and sad (with loads of stigma attached) history. And to be respected. And they're already a world power.

connchri said:
dictator ship.

lol, hows your english ?
lol, i find humor in everything, i know they're good people, but i will not respect them for almost winning WWII, that's because they ran suicidal missions because they did not care if their men died.

The US has won every war it has ever been in (except vietnam, but i don't like to count that ;) )

All im sayin is that Germans are cool, not communist, just normal, i wont respect them for killing millions of people, jewish or not

and as to your comment connchri,
yes many people left when the nazis seized control, but most stayed, and fought, and supported Hitler, but these are different times now.

and canada has never been in a war ;) :D

it totally did!
i think
damnit, i lost focus, thats it, i lost focus

wow, actually the more i look at it, its more like a giant rant..

sk8ngame said:
lol, hows your english ?
lol, i find humor in everything, i know they're good people, but i will not respect them for almost winning WWII, that's because they ran suicidal missions because they did not care if their men died.

The US has won every war it has ever been in (except vietnam, but i don't like to count that ;) )

All im sayin is that Germans are cool, not communist, just normal, i wont respect them for killing millions of people, jewish or not

and as to your comment connchri,
yes many people left when the nazis seized control, but most stayed, and fought, and supported Hitler, but these are different times now.

and canada has never been in a war ;) :D

Are you freakin' insane, or stupid, or a combination of both?

The German people are not communist, are not Nazis, are not anythgin but good people who have an amazing cultture and way of live. They weren't the ones who went out and killed all those people. Hitler was. He made people, who's generation is almost past, go out and do that, most didn't have a choice! You're an iggnorant person to go and say that.

Germany has overcame a lot of hardships, as have many other countries! You're just fortunet to live in a country where you don't have to worry about anything! Who cares if the U.S.A has won a majority of its wars. Good for us on killing the most people! w00t w00t!!!

And how can you say you won't respect them for killing millions of people. **slap**

You're an idiot! In Viet Nam' the United States killed apporximatly 1.5 million people! News flash to you buddy, try doing a little research before you start to go and make posts about things when you yourself don't know anything. :)

Cool, there is a german exchange student at are school right now. I think it would be cool to go there one day.

EDIT: Wow I like how this completley went from somebody telling about his new school to people arguing over Germany's history.

Back
Top Bottom