My New Goodies

Well the thing about Cisco (which makes it necessary) is that these devices have their own operating system, known as Cisco Internetwork Operating System (Cisco IOS). Basically you connect to these devices and manage them using a command line. I found some simulators on the Internet, but decided that it would be easier to just have my own equipment to move plugs and be able to disable and enable certain interfaces.

Damn. I am behind. Haha, I am 19 in like 22 days. And I dont have any certification of any sort.

Do you own a server?

I own server operating systems, but not the hardware. I do have other desktops I could make into servers, but right now they are being used in other ways.

Nothing special to me, since I've seen a lot :p

Dude, do you want Packet Tracer while you're at it? You'll probably need it for bigger network situations. It's basically containing all the Cisco IOS, and you can configure them like you want. Only difference is that it's free to put stuff :D

All thanks to be a Cisco Academy student :p
But unfortunatelly, my account is now destroyed.

BUT, I have the files installed. I'll zip them, upload them and give it to you. Wait around 25 mins, uploading the program.

All thanks to be a Cisco Academy student :p
But unfortunatelly, my account is now destroyed.

Nevermind links, it''s crap

BUT, I have the files installed. I'll zip them, upload them and give it to you.

Cool, thanks dude.

How do you become a Cisco academy student?

Basically, at school, the got a program that is linked with Cisco's academy. They let us take advantage of this thing. Now don't get excited, it's mostly slideshows, and actual questions (Exams). We got to do it on physical routers, since my teacher was a Net Admin before. That's the only thing I'm missing: Cisco router. On the other hand though, I'll shoot for a big Juniper router.

Basically, at school, the got a program that is linked with Cisco's academy. They let us take advantage of this thing. Now don't get excited, it's mostly slideshows, and actual questions (Exams). We got to do it on physical routers, since my teacher was a Net Admin before. That's the only thing I'm missing: Cisco router. On the other hand though, I'll shoot for a big Juniper router.

Ahh, Juniper router, (((CH salivates like Homer Simpson and donuts)))

Back
Top Bottom