my friend got ripped off

alvino said:
Well one time my friend and I went to one, and one time he decided to screw around with the employees there. So he picked up a random wireless networking card, found an employee and asked him, "Hi, do you know if I can SLI two of these networking cards?" To which the guy said, "Umm...I think you need the Linksys ones to do so."

Haha, very good! I want to try something like that one time, staples are really really good for desks, and other stuff like that, and they have some nice computers in there, I mean a couple of them use the 6800, but the guys have no idea, what-so-ever, what they are chatting on about. Same with Tesco's! I dont think these places should be allowed to sell computers. There is one in Tesco at the minute, AMD 1500 + @ 1.13 Ghz, 256 'High speed RAM' (200Mhz) - Intergrated Video - which will bump the RAM down to 194, something like that - comes with a Lexmark Printer, and a 17" Flatscreen TFT - Guess what, £800!!

ive got vista running with an ati radeon express 200 card (on a desktop pc). is that the same thing?

Lower bandwidth, should be technicially the same..ahh, he should try it out, what's the worst that can happen? It can't work..Ooooh.

yea lol. omg £800 for that pc!! i payed £550 for a top of the range lexmark printer and my pc (see sig) + 17" and some other software a few months ago from currys. what a rip off!

Currys, not a good idea, they just want that sale on their rep. sheet, they will do anything

Apart from the RAM, that's not a bad deal, only because it comes with the 17" screen though, TFT or CRT?

tft. quite a nice one aswell. the software is meant to be worth over £100 or something lol. its about 20 diff programs and games including a 3d home designer, tocca racer driver 2 (i think), prince of persia, and others. i didnt want to get one from currys but didnt really want to wait to build one (dads fussy). if mine can run vista then surely that laptop can

That's ok then, 17" TFT's, decent ones are worth at least £150 alone.

Im sure it'll be able to run Vista.

I got quite a few stories about besybuy, and staples employees and how incredidilty stupid they are. I mean here in Germany for example i've talked to techs and they really knew their shit. I mean they really do know it when/if i ever open my store I will hire poeple that know their shit. If a guy come to me and wants tos ell my computers, yet can't tell me the difference between XP, and Linux or has no idea of what a linux distro is, or doesn't understand somthing fairly basic, he won't get hired. How ever most stores just want a mouth on the floor.

Back
Top Bottom