My current view of the Christian religion

I am christian, I am a God-fearing person, and I go to church when I can. Sometimes you do think whether God exists or doesn't, personally I think he does, but everybody has different opinions and thoughts.

I read a story once, I think it goes like this: Once a man went to the barber shop. In the mean time he was being attended, the barber started a conversation with him and all of a sudden, they ended up talking about God. The barber told the man, that it was easy to notice that God doesn't exist because of all the pain and the misery that many people suffer in the world, he told him that if God existed, there wouldn't be wars, sickness and all the corruption that the world has now. The man, didn't want to start a discussion, so he didn't argue with him. When he finished, he paid, and left, but when he was about to get in his car, he saw this man with huge hair and beard, he just was staring at the man, then turned around and went back to the barber shop, once inside, he went to the barber who attended him and told him that barbers don't exist because he just went out when he saw a man with huge hair and beard. So the barber answered that barbers do exist, the problem is that those people don't go to them.

That was the moment, the man just looked him in the eyes, and told him: You see, that's the thing, God does exist, the problem with the people is that they don't go to him. If people went to God, they wouldn't be so much pain, misery, war and such things.

That's it :p.

I'm not religious, but I think that was nicely put...

IMO, religion isn't there for something for us to fear or believe in, it's something to take comfort in, if you believe in a God, and believe that that God is great, it fills peoples lives.

i was raised catholic... i still consider myself catholic... non-practicing... i believe that sort of religion is mostly a social thing... i do believe in god or a higher power if you will, but i dont see the need to go to some service to be in my higher powers good graces, i dont need to go to a "celebration" (if you will) where other people see what you do and all that... not a big fan of organized religion... i also dont agree with somebody else telling me what to think... Keep on keepin on

Yeah, I believe there was a jesus too, but don't believe in a god as such. My mums religious, and shes tried to build us all up in the christian fashion with church and such, but I basically refused to take part.
I believe in science too.

Many people I talk to say "Yeah, but, how could the big bang have created everything? Theres too many questions to it, rather than answers".

I just say "Yeah, but I think the idea that a god created all of it, raises ALOT more questions than if a big bang theory created it".

They tend to go quiet after that.

I mean, religion in itself is unprovable! No one will ever know the truth. At least with science, there are gate ways proving that things exist that aren't there, like Gravity, wind, etc. Yet nothing can tell us a god exists.

When you die, you can't tell people on earth that something exists or something doesn't, and you don't know the answer when your living... so will we ever know the truth? Probably not.

So believeing something that has no real answer and will never get one, to me is rather pointless.

I'm told by another mate that I'll go to hell for not believeing and going to church, etc. Though, I think thats just rather forceful. If you have to be a christian to go heaven, and not just be a good person to people etc, then I just don't get it.
Isn't the whole idea of christianity, to be friendly to everyone around you?

So doesn't this then mean that nice people who are good to people around them, etc that didn't beleive in a god when living, have to be forced to live eternity in a burning hell? That sounds wrong to me anyhow.

Sorry for going on. I hope I raised some good points mind.

Luiz396 said:
I am christian, I am a God-fearing person, and I go to church when I can. Sometimes you do think whether God exists or doesn't, personally I think he does, but everybody has different opinions and thoughts.

I read a story once, I think it goes like this: Once a man went to the barber shop. In the mean time he was being attended, the barber started a conversation with him and all of a sudden, they ended up talking about God. The barber told the man, that it was easy to notice that God doesn't exist because of all the pain and the misery that many people suffer in the world, he told him that if God existed, there wouldn't be wars, sickness and all the corruption that the world has now. The man, didn't want to start a discussion, so he didn't argue with him. When he finished, he paid, and left, but when he was about to get in his car, he saw this man with huge hair and beard, he just was staring at the man, then turned around and went back to the barber shop, once inside, he went to the barber who attended him and told him that barbers don't exist because he just went out when he saw a man with huge hair and beard. So the barber answered that barbers do exist, the problem is that those people don't go to them.

That was the moment, the man just looked him in the eyes, and told him: You see, that's the thing, God does exist, the problem with the people is that they don't go to him. If people went to God, they wouldn't be so much pain, misery, war and such things.

That's it :p.

Nicely put!

i like the idea (of faith, you personal god etc),

grief is a nasty subject,am sure most of us have had a nasty bout of it.
we all have to get through it our own way, be it the lord, friends whatever.

but organised religion?
i don't believe in it.

too many church leaders dying with silly money in their bank accounts.

i tried to believe but gave up many years ago.

sorry.
just my opinion.

One thing: How can I go to see God? I never was able to do that. If you die...then now we can say it is possible.

Who is God? He is the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit--Trinity. For those non-believers, it's good to keep an open mind if you don't fully believe in God. If there is a God, you want to be able to be close to Him when the time comes. Otherwise everyone will just burn in the eternal hell fire.

It's all screwed up in this day and age. The denominations is what kills me. Too confusing. That's why when I go to church, I will always go to a Calvary Chapel or the Newsongs church here in California. Beliveing in Christ gives you the ability to do better or at least try to do better regardless of what situation you are in. Remember, God only help those who help themselves.

I know I you wouldn't believe in hell either. Maybe I didn't explain my post properly? I was just giving a type of summary of what I think.

Back
Top Bottom