My car... 444444...

It's called refacing and not only it makes it true but also breaks the glaze. In other words you don't want it that smooth, it needs friction to work.

Some can be worn too thin to reface and some are made that way so they'd have to be replaced instead.

Us mechanics call it refacing but resurfacing works. ;)

I don't know anything about Motorcraft type M. Can't say much about that. I hope it don't screw up that transmission. The brakes are ok with what you are doing. New is always better but reservicing them is ok tto, as long as they don't have to take to much meat off the rotors. Sou ds like you have a good handle on things. Wd65

It felt weird that other Americans somewhere else knew nothing about that Type M tho it is made in USA. Could be one of those products made specifically for the Middle East (Type M.E.?). Crown Victoria and Grand Marquis continued production and sale until 2012 for some M.E. countries.

Unfortunately I couldn't find original new rotors for my car. Had to improvise with what can be done. Good thing it worked.

There are two types of transmission fluids, friction modified and non-friction modified.

Type F (including Mercon) are NFM and Dexron are FM. Ford uses Type F and GM uses Dexron.

The back of the Type M label says it is to not be used to Mercon ran devices. It mentioned three types of Mercon, but they are all Mercons known so far, so I figure this would mean it is not a Mercon. It also includes Type F in the equation.

513097624.jpg

I know, right?

Kinda gives the exclamation "what else is there to service then" with all those exclusions. Could it be Dextron compatible? The one I've been looking for is Dextron II D meeting the approval for my transmission but I couldn't find it. Hopefully this one is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom