Multiple Display and Video Card Issue (Help Request)

JDRhoads09

Beta member
Hello,

I run 3 monitors as I am an video editor and deal with other media editing. I am experiencing a problem with my primary monitor as it won't display. Let me give my specs first.

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8500 @2.16GHz
4.0 GB RAM
Nvidia 8800 GT SLI
3 Hardrives w/ 750gb, 500gb, 200gb

Ok so when I shut my computer down this morning everything was working fine. However when I booted after I got home from work only 2 of 3 monitors were working and the primary was offline. The primary is plugged into the first graphics card. The other two are plugged into the second graphics card. I switched out the DVI plug of the primary monitor to the second video card. Then it worked. The 1st video card however is running fine inside the computer. I reinstalled the drivers and that didn't help either. The Nvidia control panel no longer detects SLI...

Switch PCI express slots and power inputs from the PSU with the other card and retry.

ATM it looks like the card is dead. If nothing works, I can try to help ressurrect it. 65nm NV GPUs had a solder issue that I know how to fix.

Yeah I just got the card a month ago and it worked since then till I got home today. Im going to test that now...

I just switched out the slots and the same card still doesn't work. This is so annoying. It shut down this morning and it was just fine.

whats RMA? And I have a question... Is it possible that the card could be overloading due to what I use it for these days? I run 3 monitors and run modern day games such as the latest CoD and Battlefield Bad Company 2. Of course there is more than one card in there but there both the same brand and everything. It could be a faulty product. Im thinking about buying a Viper ATI Radeon HD 3870 x2 1gb which is 512$ but I have a possibility of getting a 20% discount due to a company I support. What would be your views on switching from 8800 SLI, especially if the card is faulty, to that ATI card?

Back
Top Bottom