MSN I'M---make a difference!!!

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Wow, this is a great promotion. It's the all new MSN Messenger 2008 (build 8.5)!!! It also a way to raise awareness and charity to your favorite cause. I went with the American Red Cross. You don't have to do it, but it's an option you put next to your name on MSN so people are made aware. I don't know the full extent of the detail, but I jumped on it anyways.

The i'm Initiative. You IM. We give.
http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=MSNTDLINK

http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/MTV/?source=imhome_header_mtvu

Plus, there's a feature in the install package that lets you download the all new Windows Live Mail client software!! Yes that's right. The actual mail software downloaded and isntalled right on your PC. It looks different than the regular Live Mail that appears in your browser. This new client doesn't sit in your browser, but right from your hard drive (like Outlook Express or Outlook, but it's Windows Live Mail). No ads and no banners. If you're using a public PC, you use the regular web browser interface of Windows Live Mail. If you use your perosnal computer that has the client, you use the new Live Mail client automatically. You can manually use the browser version if you wish (the traditional Window Live Mail look). Here are some screenshots with a lot of edit (private mail):

50759983nw9.jpg

24556239da9.jpg

66246715qk6.jpg

I had to cover up all my email stuff. Protection of privacy.

it's not just to raise awareness, it also raises money for the cause you select whenever you use messenger.

Wait by using that IM thing it lets you get 8.5?

Edit: I forgot to do this a while ago but I chose the American Red Cross.

It's not a bad promotion. I like the new look. The blue theme is an eye pleaser. I had no idea there was a new version of MSN available until I came across MSN's website.

Do you guys have the Live Mail client installed too? That thing is pretty neat. My laptop uses the older version of MSN (8.1) but you can still see the "I'M" next to my name.

I'm still using Windows Live Messenger 8.1. I wasn't aware there was even a new version. You can do the i'm thing with 8.1 too... you don't need the new version. ;)

The newer 8.5 just looks a little better I guess. Everything is the same. You have that new bluish greenish color theme. Everytime you get an email, the notification area is the bluish greenish color too. That's about it as far as changes goes. Options still look the same. However, my new MSN Messenger ties in with Windows Live Mail client now instead of going oniline with Internet Explorer. It opens up a locally installed email software and pulls your email from Live Mail's servers.

The newer 8.5 just looks a little better I guess. Everything is the same. You have that new bluish greenish color theme. Everytime you get an email, the notification area is the bluish greenish color too. That's about it as far as changes goes. Options still look the same. However, my new MSN Messenger ties in with Windows Live Mail client now instead of going oniline with Internet Explorer. It opens up a locally installed email software and pulls your email from Live Mail's servers.
Sounds cool. I'm going to try to download it if it's not too big for dialup.

The new MSN ask for your permission to install the Mail client software. You don't have to if you like the way you browse for emails now. I have the picts up there...It still looks like Hotmail, but it's actual software now for emails.

Back
Top Bottom